Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Under Warranty

rajesh4379
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

My client required to sell the goods as a service material under warranty .

KIndly update me .

I have searched a lot but couldn't find anything.

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Please check the below link, it might help you:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/CodeExchange/Returns+and+Repair+Processing

Also please let me know for any deviation in the process.

regards

rajesh4379
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

Thanks for your reply, it is very helpful link.

But I have one doubt , can i get the original Sales Order or Invoice against which i have sold the goods in process flow or in  Service notification ?

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Yes, it is very much possible. The sales order generally has all the line items for the purpose of performing the various activities like Inbound Delivery, Auto Service Order creation, Outbound Delivery, & Invoice.

Hence the entire document flow can be seen as shown :

Regards

rajesh4379
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

Actually, I am looking for original  Sales order or invoice  against which I have sold a goods to customer.

e.g. Returns scenario, I create a Return order w.r.f. to Earlier invoice, so i am able to track the Return order with original SO.

So same is possible here ?

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

To my knowledge it is not possible. However, for tracking purpose the Product Serial Number can be used. Meaning, the Inbound Delivery of the matrerial can be performed ONLY for the material for which the sale would have hapenned.

Also, if really required you can refer the "Sales Order / Invoice number" in the external reference in the Repair Order.

However, will confirm for any other alternate if im able to.

Regards

rajesh4379
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

Thanks for your all help. Can you pls guide  me in Config .?

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Welcome Rajesh ... Please find below the list of configuration steps to be followed for the repair and returns processing: Thats all I have as an extract which has been prepared over a period of time:

• Action Box Setting in Service Notification – SPRO
  • Special Parameters for Service Notifications – OIM9
  • Repair Procedure – VORP
  • Item Category & Requirement Type – OVZI
  • Requirement Type – OVZH
  • Requirement Class – OVZG
  • Service Order – OIOA
  • General Task List – IA05
  • Create/Process Service Products – OISD

Please let me know for any sort of help if requiored on the config / process

Regards

rajesh4379
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rrameshr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate the scenario and what do you mean by goods as service material??

Do you want to sell normal goods as service material for warranties?

Thanks.

rajesh4379
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario is like , I have product with warranty & selling it , if any problem arise in product i want to service the same.

Regards,

Rajesh

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the requirement is simple enough with out too many terms related to warranty and replacement tracking the product sold, Serial Numbers attached to each product sold, etc. you can do this with CS[Customer Service].

If you do invoke/introduce Service Management, that is a new module, where once you create a Sales Order any product with Warranty will create a Warranty in SM and that is tracked. Services are performed in SM through Service Process Flow like Service Notification, Service Order, Repair/Replacement, Etc.

You do not directly do any Service in SD.

Bottom line, you must be more specific on the requirement.

Just curious! Is this a real requirement or you are just playing around in the system.

Thanks.

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you elaborate on your requirements ?

• 1) Is it that you have a Physical Product which is sold normally and now there is also a warranty attached to this Product as a Service ?
  • 2) If yes, for Point # 1, do you want to Sell this Warranty Service for an additional price as part of the whole Product together ?

Do describe your requirement in detail giving generic description. Also mention if you are using SM or CS Modules in SAP ?

Thanks.