Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO BW Connectivity - Impact due to change in SID

former_member197846
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a Business Objects Enterprise (BO 4.0) that is currently connected to a BW 7.0 system. BW System is planned to be upgraded to 7.3 version. As per the approach decided, A new BW 7.3 System would be setup first and then everything including BO Reports would be migrated/pointed from Old (7.0) to the New (7.3) System.

I would like to know what would be the impact of change in SID of BW System in BO Connection on BO/Xcelsius/ROAMBI/Crystal Report Documents?

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit Ingale

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197846
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs.

I understand that there will be changes required on BO/BW configuration. But what I am more interested in to know is would there be any impact on WEBI/Dashboards/Crystal Reports etc. post these changes?

Thanks,

Abhijit

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijit,

Web Intelligence, Crystal REports, and DAshboards are using the OLAP Connection from the CMC.

so you will need to make sure the OLAP Connection points to the right BW systems.

and you wanna do a "verify" in the reports - just to make sure

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

former_member197846
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ingo.

One more query that I have is, Let's say there is a Single BW System that have separate Name Spaces for Global and Divisional (East, West, South and North).

1. Can I have Divisional BO Systems (multiple 1 for each Division) connecting to their respective Name Spaces on the Single BW Systems?

2. What parameter in BO connections allows me to specify Name Space on BW System?

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can have multiple SAP BusinessObjects BI server connected to the same BW system. There is now differentiation based on name spaces.

You would leverage the authorizations in the BW system to make sure people only see their name space

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

Add on to Ingo, you need to upload cert.der (Key store file) to new BW system, generated in BOBJ (This should be re-generated). The same need to upload and configured in BOBJ -- CMC - Authentication - Sap - Options area, to configure sap sso.

Thanks,

Raju

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijit,

because you are moving to a new BW system and your server name and you SID will change, there are several areas that will be impacted:

- In the CMC, the SAP Authentication will need to be reconfigured to point to the BW system and server

- based on the above, you will get new users and roles, so that might have an impact on the defined security in the BOE server

- your connections will have to be repointed to the new server / SID

Ingo

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is probably something you should test in a controlled way in order to make a proper assesment of impact analysis.

regards,

H