cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex query prompts showing in Webi report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have created Bex query with no filters for Billing doc date in characteristic restrictions in query designer, but when I run the query for any object in Webi rich client, Billing doc date is showing as Mandatory prompt.

Can any one help me to resolve this issue.

Regards

Ravi Shankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

ready for input variables in BEx do not need to be visible in the characteristic restrictions region of BEx query designer. Maybe your variable is attached to a certain key figure? What do you see in BEx query designer when you go to the properties window and check the "variable sequence" tab?

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your swift reply.

I see in the properties window variable sequence tab it is showing in the last column. but we have not added the variable in filter region.

Best Regards

Ravi Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

you do not need to add the variable manually and it does not need to appear in the characteristics restriction. For example in a case like this:

1. Someone created a restricted key figure on an InfoProvider with a ready for input variable attached to the restricted key figure.
  2. Now you create a Query on the same InfoProvider and select only that same restricted key figure
  3. All of a sudden now you have a ready for input variable although you are not aware of it

If you are not sure where your variable is coming from, then open each key figure and search for a variable. Else delete one key figure after the other until you see that the variable is missing. Im am 100% confident you can find the variable that way.

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos

Old thread, but I just had to deal with a similar issue. Victor's reply was very helpful in getting to the bottom of it.

Rather than hunting through each KF looking for the variable restriction, you should be able to find all of the variables being referenced in your query under the 'variable sequence' section of the Properties window (as Victor noted). You can then right click on the variable in the InfoProvider window and select 'where used' from the menu. All referenced KFs will be listed out.