cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material price is not picked in the Condition Type while placing the order for second time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am stuck up with an issue

Scenario - New product is launched, we have a payment term assigned to it as due in 45 days when  its billed for first time. up to this system is running fine, done with SO, Delivery & Billing.

I have maintained the the condition type - with Region/Cust/Material. (this is for New Material )  ( For Existing or Old Materials the Condn type is maintained with (Sales org/ Distribution Channel / Material )

When I am trying to create the sales order for 2nd time with same Material, same customer, system is not picking the condition type in sales order, hence there is no net value.

Please help me on the issue

Regards

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Please check the condition table sequence and Exclusive check in Access Sequence which is assgned with that condition type.

You can use only one price at a time with the access sequence. If you want to use the price with Region/Cust/Material first put this condition table first place and Sales org/ Distribution Channel / Material at Second place in Numner.

OR Close the validity date of first one

Hope It will helpfull for you

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas

Thanks for the reply, it solved the issue. I have one more issue thats as below

The Condition Type's maintained pattern is as below

Condn Type - ZR03-(WBR Price) -

1st Combi -  Region/Cust/Material - Valid for 3 months since launch ( used for when product is launched (new) ) 01/06/2013 - 30/09/2013

2nd Combi - Sales org/ Distribution Channel / Material - Valid for lifetime -

01/06/2013 - 31/12/9999

Can we  do something like - - If I billed the New product for 1st time to a customer the payment terms should be 45 days ? When I am going to bill the the same customer with Same Material for second time or on-wards the system should pick a different Payment term  lets say 21 days??

Please help me on this how this can be achieved ?

Regards

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Though in a sales order, the payment terms comes from the customer master, still it can be changed as per the required payment terms.

Regards

rrameshr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

In order to cater for your new issue

1. Maintain 2 different terms of payments one with 45 days and other with 21 days.

2. Maintain the second one as default for customer (if payment terms are 21 for rest all products)

3. When you sell newly launched product for first time, change the terms of payment to 45 days at item level in sales order >> Item >> Billing. (Note: Invoice will split based on the different Payment terms at line item)

Hope this might solve you issue.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

If that is the case Include one more condition table in the access sequence with the combination of sales doc type/sales org/customer / material. For first time always use different sales doc type and for second time onwards use another sales doc type. Now in VK11 with the above combination maintain the condition records for first time sales doc type mainatain different payemnt term in vk11 for that particular condition type and for the second time onwards maintain different payterm for the same material in the field payterms beside valid from and valid to fields in vk11. Now when you use the first sales & second sales doc types system picks the condition records as per ur requirement.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Himavanth,

For first time always use different sales doc type and for second time onwards use another sales doc type.

Your suggestion is to create a new sales document type (and do/check all the associated configuration), test it, transport it...just to create ONE sales order!!!!!

What about the delivery type and billing type, would this be dedicated to the first sales cycle?

I think this is a not a good solution!

Side comment, general - for two different condition records (with two different payment terms); we don't necessarily require two different condition types.

With different condition tables, we can create different condition records (with different payment terms) for the same (one) condition type.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Avinash,

Main objective is to give the "responsibility" of identifying the first sales order to the system (and not to the user, as with user there could be human errors).

If you create a new condition table with fields including "Sales order number" (VBELN).

You know the sales order number of the first sales order, this is possible because you have set the (from and to) in number range.

This number range is assigned to your sales document type.

Assign this new condition table to you condition type.

Now create 2 condition records (with 2 different payment terms)

In VK11: For the same (one) condition type -

Condition record 1 -

Sales order number / Region/Cust/Material

Give payment terms with 45days

Condition record 2 -

Region/Cust/Material

Give payment terms 21 days

Thus first sales order shall take valid condition record 1 and the subsequent sales orders shall take condition record 2 (with respective payment terms).

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Thanks for all your support

I facing a new problem When I am creating a sales order for first time for a newly launched product , the system is picking all the things fine Like- the Net Value of the Product, Payment Terms as maintained for it. For first order I have maintained the "Max. No. Of Orders" as '1' in Condition type with the Payment terms as 45 days. -- Combination for this is  Region/Cust/Material

But When I am Placing the sales order for Second time for same customer with same material The system is not picking the Value of the product, where as all the conditions are maintained

The Requirement is

When the same product is billed for 2nd time it should Pick the Payment terms as 25 days due .. "which it's Picking Correctly" But it's not showing any Value.

Please help me on this issue, Please find the attached screen shots for your ref.

Regards

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Please check your condition first priority because of If your first priority is Region/Cust/Material so system always pick that condition record value in sales order.

Please your pricing analysis in sale order and check parameters for your condition type.

One suggestion for you, If you are in SAP field so require to passion because of without It you cannot solve any problem.

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Avinash,

If material price is not picked by the condition type means there is a mismatch in maintaining condition records. You can overcome this by clicking the "Analysis" button which is available on "conditions" tab screen and check for this condition type what are the combinations available and respective condition records. if not maintain those condition records which will resolve your issue.

with regards,

S.Dayananda Murthy

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check in "analysis"  for the item level price condition type in condition tab

Regards,

Krishna.