cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF & Extended receiver determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a client which has a requirement of sending a file to different 120 customers based on some or other routing rules. All the files would be dropped at different locations & in different folders which I can take care of.

Regarding routing rules, they are very dynamic & they might change very frequently in near future. Maintaining these rules in Receiver determination does not looks like a good option. Even Java code is not so suitable.

I have recently come across a little around BAF framework.

Can I utilize BAF for defining the rules & managing them? Please advice.

Thanks

Nidhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

I don't have experience around BRF but to manage the routing conditions better, you can go with Dynamic receiver approach (search SCN for how to implement dynamic receivers) and maintain the condition values in Value mapping since they are dynamic and can be retrieved in mapping for dynamic receivers.

You will need to maintain the conditions somewhere for maintenance. changing in Value mapping is an option if not changing in receiver determination.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate the same.

I have kept dynamic receiver determination as the last step with Value mapping tables or RFC lookup.

I am more interested in BAF framework & trying to fit in my scenario.

Thanks

Nidhi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Has anyone worked on BAF/ BRM before & can guide me on the same?

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can achieve this using BRM Functionality...

1. Implement the Rules using Rules Composer and deploy to PO System after generating the WSDL.

2. Invoke the WSDL via Soaplookup at the dynamic receiver determination mapping/UDF.

3. Remaining functionality will be same as what we do in PI...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh,

Do you have any detailed document on BRM functionality? Please share the same.

Thanks

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

search SDN or sap help , i dont have any thing addition to those..

HTH

Rajesh