Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PO 7.3.1 - BPM Development Standards

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are moving to a single stack SAP PO system in the coming weeks and I am tasked with updating our supporting documentation. As you are aware we move from ccBPM to NW BPM. What I am looking for are standards for BPM development. Specifically best practices, naming conventions and guidelines etc. Do any documents exist that I can reference? I have searched the PO and BPM forums and can't find anything. I have found the usual blogs and articles on BPM but nothing with regards to design and development considerations.

Any help that can be offered would be appreciated.

Regards

Rob Warde

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding guidelines and practices... did you e.g. have a look at and ?

Naming conventions are provided by SAP, , have a look at chapter "3.2.6 Integration Process Related Objects" maybe you can apply some rules for BPM as well.

There is also a working paper from , refer to the comment section about how to get access to the paper

• Naming Conventions for PI
    Best practice document about naming conventions and integration design for SAP NetWeaver PI (version 3.5 with updates for PI 7.31 released in March 2013)
robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin, thanks for the information. The PDF Do's & Don'ts looks interesting

I did see the naming conventions document but I'm unable to get a copy as my company isn't a member....Is there a copy in the public domain yet?

Regards Rob

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just bumping this up one more time to see if there are any further comments

Regards
Rob

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge there is no document such but you can consolidate one document by refering help documentation+blogs+discussions .

If you have access to system then check predefined content(patterns) based on that you could prepare document.

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is what I am doing at the moment - trying to collect all the relevant documentation into something useable. However, it would be good if there were sone guidelines provided by SAP.

Rob