Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Suguest for the below scenario for product allocation step sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Suguest for the below scenario for product allocation step sequence

1)The Allocation maintained in planning book is like this below,

Product / Location    /  Sales organization /   month July

A             HYD              SA1                               100    Allocation quantity

A             HYD              SA2                              100    Allocation quantity   

A             HYD              SA3                               100    Allocation quantity   

2) I created 100 quantity sales order for "SA1" Salesorganisation it confirmed/consumed the allocation 100 quantity available for the SA1  in the planning book after that  remaining quantity allocation for SA1 is zero, when i see the Product and location level there is 200 left Allocation quantity ,

Requirement: when i create sales order for “SA1” sales organization  for quantity 100 or 200 it checks first  for the detail level at Sales organization at SA1 which no allocation quantity left but when we see at high level at Product and location 200 quantity left which should confirm from this  ,For this i created the steps

Steps created below:

1)Created one Planning object

2)2 Allocation group, one group AG1 is having Product,location,Sales orgainsation,secound Allocation group AG2  having Product, location level

put these two allocation group in Allocation procedure as step 1: AG1 and step2 : AG2,and wild character I tried all

3)Assigned procedure and check mode and ATP group  in product master

Concern/Issue: When i create sales order for “SA1” sales organization it is not allocating from product and location level which is there available allocation quantity 200,Please suggest and find the screen shot attached

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

When you have specifically allocated 100 each for SA1, SA2 and SA3 the there is no way system is going to allocate remaining allocation at product location level for SA1 after you consume assigned quantity of 100 to SA1.

With your requirement i am unable to make out any business sense, as in this case entire quantity is to be made available to each of the sales org., which is similar to the situation where there is no allocation.

Can you please explain the business logic behind this requirement, to make my understanding clear, and also to facilitate my thinking process in required direction.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

Business logic is when the Allocation consumed at sales orgainisation level but the high level Allocation quantity i.e Product ,Location will be available if there are 3 sales orgainisation as below,

so when the Allocation at sales organisation SA1 is completed/Consumed by one sales order,next time when i create sales order again at SA1 Sales organisation the allocation for this combination is zero,but at product location level 200 will be there ,automatically allocate this quantity

Product / Location    /  Sales organization /   month July

A             HYD              SA1                               100    Allocation quantity

A             HYD              SA2                              100    Allocation quantity   

A             HYD              SA3                               100    Allocation quantity   

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Only way i can think of this going through is using allocation procedure sequence, where first procedure will have product/location/sales org as characteristics and second procedure will have product and location as a characteristics.

Try this, if this meets your requirement, if not then you can look for some suitable exit.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Sourbh is right, This requirement can be mapped by using allocation procedure sequence. You have to perform following steps to map this-

1) Create two Allocation group. One group (AG1) will have product/location/Sales organisation as characteristics and second allocation group (AG2) will have Product & Location as char. .

2) Maintained two allocation procedures (AP1 & AP2) -one for first allocation group which will have product/location/Sales org as Char. and other for second group which will have only product/location as a char.

3) Maintain sequence of Product Allocation Procedure - where you can put first sequence to first procedure AP1 (Product/location/SA) and second next sequence to second procedure AP2 ( Product/location).

Regards,
Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh/Anita,

thanks so much,by the procedure sequnece it is working,can you please help for the below

I have created a rule “ZESL_0878” –Location determination but which i create sales order for material it is picking other Rule -location determination instead of i created rule, Please suggest is there any setting/link to material and the Rule-Location determination,thanks in advance

Regards

kiran

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Great to know that your issue us resolved, please close the thread.

For your latest question please create a new thread, which will be in agreement with SCN rules of engagement.

Rgds

Sourabh