cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy WAS 6.30 (ABAP + J2EE)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We wanted to do a systen refresh from Production to QA system. we got WAS 6.30 with ABAP and J2EE running on HP UX - Oracle. The ABAP Schemas are defined as per the SAP recommendation (DAT instead instead of <SID>), but the J2EE schema got the <SID> on it.We are planning the oracle backup/restore method. Got the system copy

guide for WAS 6.30 and oss note : 677447. The note is mentioning that the procedure for SAP J2EE is NOT available. WE got J2EE engine just installed but not using this. So, can we go ahead with this procedure

or do we have to do anything extra to take care of the J2EE part. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you note the ABAP stack is easy to copy the J2EE stack however is not.

There is an OSS note on changing hostnames for the J2EE stack -- 757692.

I've used this for copying EP, WebAS and XI systems. However it is not possible to change the SID on the J2EE stack (it probably is possible but would very complex).

Now think about this for a moment. Why do you think you need to copy the J2EE stack from PRD to QA? I understand the need to copy the ABAP stack but you shouldn't really need to copy the J2EE stack -- makes sense?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing your expereince.

I did the system copy using oracle backup/restore method.

The J2eee engine also came up without any issues.

only problem now I am seeing is the schema of j2ee is still displaying as production schema. As far as this is not giving any problem, I can live with that.

As I copyed only the database files, my j2ee directories are intact and hence, I dont have to do anything as per 757692.

Still, Please let me know, if I missed anything.

Thanks

PN