cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pco2.3 Source sys & Destination sys connection issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed Pco 2.3 in separate PC where either OPC or MII system has not installed. The OPC system in different PC and MII is on different PC.

Now I want to create OPC has a source system from Pco connector & Destination system has MII system.

While trying to create source system from Pco with below parameters

Source system type: OPC DA Agent

Name: OPCSRV (i.e. OPC Server name)

Descrpt: OPC connection

press ok, it showing error message like "No OPC Server found on the Machine specified".

After that it shown below parameters

server name: <OPC Server name>

OPC server available on: <IP address>

But after refresh, it showing error message "Server is can not be contacted. Check spelling of the server name & Network Connectivity"

Even i have tried for Destination system for MII:

Type: MII Destination

Name: MII Sys

Descrpt: MII sys

Once entered, it shown me parameters of Server details which i have filled it and pressed test connection. It showing error message 'The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found'.

So can anyone help me or suggest me what needs to be done for connection successful. Thanks,

Regards,

Praveen Reddy M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Some questions:

1.  Did you follow the PCo (http://help.sap.com/pco) installation guide and make sure you installed the OPC Core Components Redistributable prior to installing PCo 2.3?

2.  Did you follow the OPC Server vendor's documentation on setting up Microsoft DCOM for both the server (OPC Server PC) and client (PCo PC)?

Both steps are required before you can successfully connect and browse Remote OPC Servers.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your quick response.

As I gone through installation guide after forum post I found 1st point and going to install it, thanks

But as you said about 2nd point, "OPC server vendor's documentation on setting up mircrosoft DCOM for both the servers" its completely blank for me.

So can please explain briefly or send any links where I can get steps or procedure to do it.

And MII destination sys connection error, can you give any idea or help to solve it. Thanks

Regards,

Praveen Reddy M

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

1. You will have to uninstall PCo before installing the OPC Core Components, then re-install PCo.

2. Which OPC Server are you attempting to connect to Remotely?  The OPC Server Vendor (Kepware, MatrikonOPC, Rockwell, Siemens, etc.) should provide a document that describes the required DCOM settings for the client and server PC.  If one is not available, this one from Kepware is a good reference:

http://www.kepware.com/Support_Center/SupportDocuments/KTSM00010_Dcom_Configuration.pdf

DCOM security is usually implemented by the site IT group, as it is a network security ownership issue with many companies.

3. What is the version/patch level of MII that you are wanting to connect the destination to?

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Once again thanks for ur reply.

As I gone through service marketplace to download 'XMII OPC DA UDS' its showing no data found. Steve is this is what you're asking to download and install in Pco PC. Please correct me.

For 2nd point: Its MatrikonOPC, and here IT team is there but no one knows about OPC system.

3rd point: Its MII 14.0.2 with patch 3. Yes i want to connect MII as destination system from Pco. If possible please give brief steps to proceed.

Thanks,

Regards,

Praveen Reddy

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

1.  You will need to install the OPC Core Components from this link: (free registration as a user will be required):

http://www.opcfoundation.org/

Downloads-->Redistributables-->OPC Core Components-->

OPC Core Components 3.00 Redistributable (x86) version 3.00.105.1

2.  Here is the link to the MatrikonOPC DCOM configuration documents:

http://www.matrikonopc.com/dcom-configuration-opc.aspx

3.  Configure your MII Destination as shown (including server, Port, MII version, and valid MII user / password with appropriate roles):

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks,

Ohh i will download. And do we need to do any configuration setting or anything like that in OPC core component. Please confirm.

For 3rd point: I give same details but still i am getting error 'The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found'.

Can give little clarity on Server name, As i have given server name where MII installed and port no. is four digits or its 6 digits (i.e. i have used 4 digit port no. for server url in data server connection and 6 digits port no. used to access MII menu through URL). And MII backend database is Sybase.

Thanks,

Regards,

Praveen Reddy

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

For the OPC Core Components, just unzip the file to a temp directory and run setup, then install PCo again.

For MII Destination, the port is the Port number for all MII connections, it is usually 50xxx, but you need to confirm the port number from the MII administrator, or look at a url to log in to that MII instance through a browser to get the port number.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I have given port number as 50000 but still its showing me same error. Actually MII and Pco connector are installed in different system. Is that its making problem. Because when iam trying to browse for server name, its showing only localhost.

Is before creating MII as destination system, do we need do any other configuration setting or anything else in Pco or MII side

Please give clarity on MII Server name, exactly where can i can see or find the MII Server name.

Regards,

Praveen Reddy

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

PCo and MII do not have to be installed together.

This sounds like a network issue outside of the PCo.  The first thing to do is to get PCo PC to be able to find the MII server by fully qualified domain name.  Since PCo is running under Windows, something in the Windows network must provide a DNS name for the MII Server.  You will need to engage the site IT support to resolve this. 

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for quick response.

As i am pinging MII IP from Pco PC, its replying. One more thing i want tell is, MII has been installed on UNIX platform. Anyhow I will ask IT team see it and get back to you ASAP.

For 1st point: I uninstalled Pco and installed OPC core component. Then after i installed Pco, at 99% of installation it thrown me below screenshot error. Can you please tell about this error and what needs to be done to rectify it.

Thanks & Regards,

Praveen Reddy

Message was edited by: Praveen Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

As per all above helps, I successfully installed and connection showing running. But while trying to create Tag Query in MII Workbench, its showing me error as "java.net.SocketTimeoutException:Read timed out" after executing it. Even i have tried with Transaction with single tag fetching also, its showing same.

In Tag Query, showing tag groups but not showing available tags. I have seen all the status (i.e Pco connection, Data server connection) running fine.

Can you provide some inputs to get it done. Thanks,

Regards,

Praveen Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Try changing the timeout settings in workbench. May be it IS timing out. In workbench --> Help --> Settings .. Change the timeout settings. increase it and check if you are able to run the query or atleast able to get the tags in the query template.

Regards

Tufale Ashai

Answers (0)