cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch to another SCN account keeping all history of the old account?

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm loggin in to SCN with my SAP Support Portal account (S-user) using SSO since years.

But this S-user belongs to a SAP customer id in my company, which I have to leave soon (SAP customer, not the company !) for business reorganzation reasons. For this S-user has several rights on certain SAP systems, it will be deleted then.

Is it possible to switch or move all my SCN history from the old account to a a new account, which is independent from a company? (I'm not leaving my company, but this might be an option in the future.)

I would like to keep all history, points, badges, favourites and communications and move it to the new account.

If it is possible, is there any step by step guide to process this?

I've searched SCN, but I didn't find a way to achieve it.

Regards,

Klaus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After my question has been moved, I see other issues like mine for the same issue. (I don't understand, why I could find them searching whole SCN, but maybe I have used the wrong search terms).

What I understood reading the other blogs is, that there are some people having the same issue and SAP is working on a tool to solve the issue, but this tool is still in work.

My new question is, what can / should I do now, that I don't lose anything, if my S user will be deleted before the SAP tool can be used?

Can I register now somewhere for being moved automatically with the new tool?

Should I contact anyone to be informed, when the new tool is available?

Regards,

Klaus

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Your S user account shouldn't be deleted rather it will become dormant. You should create a new account in the meantime so that you can stay connected. 

The tool hasn't been delivered but is in work.  There's no registration for it but I have tagged the thread.

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have the same issue (old userid and new userid) and what bothers me most is not the points not being assigned but this "ennoying" message:

Your reply will be reviewed by a moderator before being added. Your content is being moderated because your points level indicates that you are new to posting on SCN.

Very frustrating to be considered a "newby" while in fact I'm on here for quite some years now (under various userids)... could this be solved before you come up with your "merge" tool?

Kind regards,

Raf

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It's next to impossible to track which new SCN members are reincarnations of previous ones.  However, please be assured that once 'new' members are active and complete a few missions, they will be moved out of the pre-moderated group.

See

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

fair enough... but behand all my S-ids there is the same name userid (with incremental numbers), so that means you somehow know the information, right?

anyways, I'll try to be patient

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, but, with millions of members and accounts, there are often multiple SCN members with the same name. Confirming two or more accounts are of the same member always requires validation at both credentials.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done this before by emailing someone in SCN or at that time SDN, but I can't remember the email address, sorry and does someone know the address.  Basically I listed all my S users to combine the accounts, since it had my name tied to it I guess the could trust this method.

However, I don't know if it still works or what the email address was.

Former Member
RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks ,Gus! But that's how it used to work... used that service already once or twice, however, this is no longer possible (don't know the exact reason though).

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Essentially you'll need to create a new account and then transfer or merge the content/points between the old and new accounts.

SCN doesn't have a merge/transfer function at the moment but it's being worked on. Unfortunately there's no timeline on delivery of this tool.

Stay tuned...

Jason

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I'm still waiting, for I think, It's easier to move a user to a completely new user with a tool than merge two user with different badges, points, followers and contents together.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I have the same issue, and got the same answer from SCN help team.

But I don't understand one thing though - Instead of creating a new account and wait for the merge tool to be ready, why can't you just delete the linkage between the S-User and the SCN user, so the SCN user will become independent?

I couldn't get a proper answer from the SCN help members.

Beni.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Several options are being considered. Unfortunately, at the moment, creating a new account is the only option for members that will or have lost access via their S-User IDs.