cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two questions about Syclo-based SAP Mobile applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was asked by some SAP partner during a PoC of Syclo Work Manager app for two questions.

1) How does Syclo manage the users/devices for each application usage? We know with Sybase SUP, you can check these in SCC more or less. But for Syclo, in the architecture we only see the backend, the Agentry Server and the Config Panel. Seem the monitoring and user/device management is not in place right? Or we have to add Afaria in the landscape to do this?

2) How does Syclo-apps realize the distribution of different data to different users? I guess this should exist somewhere in the ConfigPanel. But would like to see some real-life example or explanation about this. With SUP+DOE, we can configure the distribution via the distribution rule. but not sure what would be there in syclo's architecture.

, maybe you can answer me already?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Best regards,

Raymond

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member113639
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

See my responses below.

1. There is an Administration Tool available where you can track users and devices. Also for monitoring you can use Admin & Monitoring Portal as apart of the the transaction is /syclo/admin. For true device management features and capabilties to deploy applications you will need AFARIA.

2. Yes the Configuration Panel is used for data distribution. NOTE that there are Class handlers that handle the data filtering for Fetches. So for most of the DT/CT/Objects there are corresponding class handlers that have the class handler.

Let me know if you need more information.

With Regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks a lot for your timely response! Quite helpful to me.

for question 2) I suppose you mean that we need to realize what we could do via distribution rules in SUP+DOE model now we can do that through the filters option in the BAPI configuration page on configure portal, Well it sounds doable...but this is mixed with the demand to really filtering some kind of application data, maybe this is the reason I didn't realize this as a replacement of distribution rule at first.

Cheers,

Raymond

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

atif_bhatti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Just sharing experience which might help you for your second question:

We have created some parameters and assigned it to the user profile and we are doing our filtering on the basis of user profile this is another way of doing filtering for a specific group of users.

thanks

Atif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Atif. With both you and Murali's replies I think this might be the recommended way to distribute the data. Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Raymond