Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining default values in ME51N as per PR document type

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have a question regarding Purchase requisition default values field behavior. At our client there are 200 users who will be raising varying kinds of PR like Asset PRs, Service PRs & Material PRs. I was wondering if there is any way to default values in ME51N as per document type. e.g if a user select document type for creating asset PR ..account assignment category field should be defaulted by A along with other fields like Plant , requisition which i know can be defaulted by standard ..I want to vary behavior of account assignment category,item category , material group field with respect to document types. Since i am not MM guy so apologies in advance if my question seems illogical in any way.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you can do is use PERSONAL SETTINGS option.

But it will only let you insert a default value for - Document Type, and other header/item fields.

That particular set of default entries will be fixed for a user.

So you can only have 1 set of defaults per user - identify what a user does most then put those as default parameters.

But you are asking about Varying the default options automatically as per the document type selected. That is not possible by PERSONAL SETTING.

I will suggest you to take help of LAYOUTS. Every PO PR transaction has a layout option button. Click on that, and create separate layouts for each type of user or document type. Users can select their layout or have DEFAULT layout assigned to their user ID. This is best solution for you I guess. Try and revert.

I hope it is useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

is it possible explain more about your suggestion?where is to create Layout?or where is layout option button?

Regards

Ramin

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are into SAP EHP5 version then you can make use of Template functionality and it works for you as you required.

Please note that the template functionality doesnot work for Service procurements.

The following link may help you to understand the Template functionality.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44077

AmalaSrinivasa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Atif,

1.) Based on user we can make default settings as per his nature of work. By assigning parameter at user id level also we can default most of the org elements, cost objects.

2.) But as per your requirement with respect to PR document type hope there is no defaulting set up with standard, You have to use the write validation by using BADi: ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST

3.) In Ehp 6 there is a concept called template, most using elements of a transaction can be defined as a template and  can be recalled at the time of transaction. This will be good and suit for you.

R,

Amala