Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.31 CTS transport

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

i am using PI 7.31 - Single stack Java PI system.

CTS is in place and i need to transport my developments to further environment.

I have created TPZ files in development.

Can u pls share the way to move it to quality..like do we use netweaver administrator for it..wat r d steps.. Any document or link or blog will be helpful.

rgds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

(1)  Is solution manager needed for CTS transport.

Can we use CTS transport without Solution Manager. If yes, please provide the details.

(2) I have exported the ESR and ID objects from PI 7.3(single java stack) development environment using CTS. What are

the next steps by Basis/Developer to move it to Quality and Production.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) You don't need solution manager for CTS transport, however an ABAP stack is needed for which usually the solution manager abap stack is used.

2) Did you get a confirmation popup in the Integration Builder or in the ESB from CTS that a transport has been created? If yes, go to the transport manager (either directly or via link in ESB or the ID):

In the Transport Organizer the transport needs to be released. Afterwards the transport is ready for import in the target system.

Best Regards

Harald

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for d reply.

Open CTS Transport Organizer is disabled in my PI 7.3. What shall i do ?

I do not have SOLMAN also with us.

Can we use CTS method now ?

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also you can try to right-click on an object in ESB or IB and choose "Export". Now you need to choose the mode "Transport Using CTS". After the wizard has been completed you should get a transport number confirmation created in CTS. Try this first please.

Also to get to the CTS organizer, did you try to directly access the CTS Organizer URL?

http://<yourhostname>:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/cts_organizer

BR

Harald

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply..

I tried - Also you can try to right-click on an object in ESB or IB and choose "Export". Now you need to choose the mode "Transport Using CTS". After the wizard has been completed you should get a transport number confirmation created in CTS. Try this first please

But here also transport using CTS is disabled.

The link you shared shows : 404 not found error.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is all disabled, CTS was not properly connected to PI. You should follow all setup steps according to the mentioned guides above.

Also if there is 404 not found error when accessing your CTS host, there is no CTS properly installed.

Check the whole CTS setup and installation again.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at below document by Devendra Singh..

Hope it helps.!

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos