cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to emulate non-cumulative KF in HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I would like to ask that how can we emulate non-cumulative Key Figures concept in HANA Studio. It would be important for scenarios like Inventory where it has special importance.

Thanks,

Jomy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any help?

https://answers.sap.com/questions/12909209/display-non-cumulative-key-figure-in-generated-han.html

Were you able to emulate non cumulative KF?

Thank you.

Loed

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Jomy,

since the non-cum key figure functionality is based on the combination of a special data loading approach and the actual evaluation by the SAP BW OLAP layer, it's actually not just that easy to emulate it.

Eventually you'd have to reimplement the feature yourself including your data loading processes.

You might want to review SAP note

1548125Interesting facts about Inventory Cubes

for more details on that.

- Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, Thanks Lars for the reply !!!

I understand the existing data loading approach including the one on BW on HANA. I was mainly asking with respect to the conceiving this in Stand Alone HANA Studio just with the Base Tables as we are using SLT to replicate the tables.

What do you suggest here ?

Thanks & regards,

Jomy

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jomy

Well, effectively you'd have to come up with your own design of non-cumulative key figures here.

One obstacle with this could be that the BW loading process you like to emulate here is inherently not a real time operation. But as you use SLT real time replication seems to be one of your requirements.

Anyhow, the BW implementation aims at a rather general coverage of flow key figures, while you probably want to tackle a very specific problem.

That might allow for a simpler implementation - something based on scripted calculation views could be doable (at least on first glimpse).

- Lars

0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Do you think today it is possible?

Regards,

William