cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while checking in and storing: /USR/SAP/TMP/DMS TESTING.PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is to create a document in DMS system and link either PDF/Text document to it in originals section from VB application.

In SAP, I am able to create document from CV01N and check in PDF files to it using storage category and Same while using BAPI in foreground by choosing the file from local PC

To achieve this, I have used BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 but got error mentioned in subject. There are many discussions in the forum related to same error and tried all the solutions mentioned in them like:

Checking the FTP and HTTP connections, Checking the storage category configuration, Tried uploading the local file to application server and using it while calling the BAPI.

Instead of creating the document and linking original to it in single step, Made use of BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 [Success] & BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKIN2 [Failed while check in]  to split the process into 2 steps but still the same error. As per one of the SAP note mentioned in discussions, I have used RFC CVAPI_DOC_CREATE  [Success] & CVAPI_DOC_CHECKIN [Failed while check in]. Verified content repository & storage category transactions OAC0, OACT & CSADMIN [Everything is properly configured and normal] and Made Security as '0' in repository settings

Please suggest if there is anything that I can do to solve my problem..

Thanks,

Ridhwan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Brunot
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have the same problem and i wonder how you solved the thing. Please give more infos about it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bruno,

I am assuming that you have tried all the options in my original post..

• Checking the FTP and HTTP connections
  • Checking the storage category configuration
  • Tried uploading the local file to application server and using it while calling the BAPI.
  • I have used RFC CVAPI_DOC_CREATE  [Success] & CVAPI_DOC_CHECKIN [Failed while check in].
  • Verified content repository & storage category transactions OAC0, OACT & CSADMIN [Everything is properly configured and normal] and Made Security as '0' in repository settings

Point 3 worked out for me. External system will upload the PDF file to applciation server and from there BAPI will check in that PDF into DMS content server.

Please note that, PDF files should be placed in the application server path configured in OACT transaction for content repository.

Hope this is help you..

Brunot
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, i solved the point.

I am using document_Create2 bapi with parameters SAPFTP and SAPHTTPA.

Dunno if SAPFTP does its part, but i am pretty sure SAPHTTPA solved my problem so i am now able to upload ORIGINALS dicrectly from applications erver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I have solved this problem..

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ridhwan,

it's great to note that the issue could be solved. Would it be possible to explain us how you solved this issue in your system?

Because this information could be really valuable for all other users here too.

Best regards,

Christoph