cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase order number in document number already exists

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while doing Third Party @ MIRO, getting the annoying error "Purchase order number in document number already exists".

I searched across our forum but the answers were not very convincing as most of them were with tags assumed answers or not answered..

Is there any one else have got this and resolved ?

I have checked in my VOV8  at OR there is no "A" at check PO.

which was suggested by several seniors to remove "A", so in my case this can be ruled out.

In OVAH setting I can not change as I am not authorized to do so, nor I can go for the change request unless untill, I am quite confident about your reply.

So what is the solution in standard SAP ?

Thanks in advance,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186385
Active Contributor

Hi,

This error message in general will trigger when you are entering same PO number for combination of Sold to party, Material and Order type for second time

as you already checked out VOV8 configuration the second alternate is to try for OVAH to bypass the error message

OVAH generally used to change Warning message to error and vice versa

hope you understood it

regards,

santosh

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

while doing Third Party @ MIRO, getting the annoying error "Purchase order number in document number already exists".

As per your statement are you trying to do Vendor billing in MIRO or you are creating a Sales order in VA01.

In the above what you wrote for VOV8 and OVAH is related to sales order save where it checks the unique combination of Sales doc type+Sold to+Cust PO number(VBKD-BSTKD).

Please confirm where you get the error also provide the error msg no.

Hope this is clear..

Thanks,

Suman$