cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have installed sap server in windows 2003 on vmware and not able to access it through sap gui in windows 7 any suggestions please...

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have installed sap server in windows 2003 on vmware on windows 7 machine and not able to access it through sap gui in windows 7 any suggestions please...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anvesh,

What information do you have in the SAP Gui?

If you create a new connection with the following data, do you receive the same error?

Application server: <IP where the SAP was installed>
Instance number: <Number chosen during the installation, e.g. "00">

System ID: <SID chosen during the installation, e;g; "PRD">

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anvesh,

there are 3 network types you can use with VMware....  bridged, host-only or NAT.

With NAT, one Windows 2003 Guest server can access the other VM Gues but cannot access it from Windows7.

With Host-only, both your Window7 Client and Windows 2003 Server are on the same network but you can only access Windows 2003 server from Windows7 but not from any other client within your network.

With Bridged, both your Window7 Client and Windows 2003 Server are on the same network and any client system within your network can access the Windows 2003 server. you will get the IP from your router.

I would suggest using a Bridged connection for this kind of test environments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anvesh,

Kindly do the network setting as mention in the screenshot. After that shutdown the vm server and take the reboot of physical server (Windows7) and try

Thanks

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avnesh,

Can you please share the error message which you are encountering while trying to access the system.

Thanks and Regards,

Kunal Gahlot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you check the vm server is accessible from window 7?

Kindly use the ping command and check also try to take the remote of vm server.

Assign proper network adapter in the vmware.

Thanks

Ramesh

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I concur with @Ramesh I think your VMware NIC (on the mgmt side of the VM) is set to NAT or internal only, if it is set to Bridge mode then you have an issue some where on your network/computer.

Also it is possible to keep the NIC set to NAT, but you need to port forward the port for your server so SAP GUI can access it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply...i can't able to ping to the vmware computer...it is replying as request timed out.. are there any other changes to settings i need to do??

Thanks,

anvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi billy,

i tried either ways and coudnt able to ping the 2k3 system..can you please elaborate the settings, so that i can try those...

Thanks,

anvesh

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Version 4.5 http://www.vmware.com/support/ws45/doc/network_configure_ws.html

Version 9.0 http://pubs.vmware.com/workstation-9/index.jsp#com.vmware.ws.using.doc/GUID-0CE1AE01-7E79-41BB-9EA8-...

Have you also verified that the firewall is off (or at least configured for SAP), I have seen Active Directory GPOs set to force the firewall on and prevent prompts that something is trying to modify the firewall or prompt asking for access to make firewall changes.

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anvesh,

As Ramesh already pointed check the firewall, check if the IP addresses are in the same subnet and remember to allow the desktop connection (control panel -> system -> remote).

Regards,

Eduardo