cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail functionality in SAP Solution Manager 7.1 in CRM WebUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friendz,

I am configuring CHARM 7.1 ST10 SP 8 Version. Requestor is able to create the rquest change and gets approval from Change manager and then make the urgent change and release for development. In all these steps mail is not triggering to recepients.

While sending mails from CRM Web Client, no transaction types are visible. Can you plz guide what steps i have missed to make transaction type visible. I have attched screens for refence also.

Also plz advice the steps to make automatic mail trigger to persons after request status changes in new version of CHARM.

I am using new Transaction types for configuration. Kinldy help its urgent.

Thanks in advance. Points will be awarded.

Rgds,

Pankaj Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

I suppose you need to trigger mails each time the status changes.Please correct me if I understood it wrongly.

To trigger mails depending on user status condition , you can follow the steps mentioned in this link

http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/09/18/sending-e-mail-from-support-message

Kindly revert in case you have issues following it.

Regards,

Jinesh Jayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jinesh Jayan,

Yes, u have understood correctly. Actually i am using Solman 7.1 ST 710 SP8 Version. I have configured standard functionality of CHARM. And its working as per standard workflow.

Requestor is creation request(SMCR)

Change Manager is approving new request and creating Change of Scope for Urgent Change(SMHF).

Developer will develop and pass on to testing and IT Operator will import TR to QTY and PRD.

During this status change, i want to trigger mails to requestor and change manager and to all those recepients who will confirm testing and import in QTY and PRD Servers.

Can you advice how to proceed step by step from here. I have configured Organization Model also for my company and want to use for my customized workflow for CHARM .

Thanks in advance,

Rgds,

Pankaj

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj

Kindly check the links I have shared with you earlier

you have to define partner based email actions for those status values as start condition

for .e.g if you want to trigger email on Successfully Tested status to Tester

define an action for Tester Partner function and trigger start condition as for above status based upon the blogs i have shared

this will resolve ur issue

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for valuable inputs.

As per standrad feature CRM_RFC_APPROVAL Workflow is triggering when we create any SMCR request and also Change manager receive mails in so01 only not in Outlook Mails. Can you plz highlight someinformation on how to trigger the customized Workflow instead of CRM_RFC_APPROVAL standard template.

What else has to be done to receive mails in Outlook. I have also followed "workflow settings for Request for Change approval". The BP are of type Employee with proper Email Id maintained in SU01. But still no luck

Rgds,

Pankaj

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj

E-mails are generally triggered based upon the email ID stored in respective BP so just check if you maintained the same.

Regarding workflow yes you can maintain or create a new workflow but remember you have to attached it to the action in sppfcadm

basically this action is triggered and calls your workflow so when you create a new workflow attach it to the ppf action

hope this helps

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am able to create SMCR Request and Change Manager is approving SMCR Request and creating Urgent request. Also he is getting Email notification.

After creation of urgent request, we assign Developer and tester field.But they are not receiving mails once status is " In Development".

In short we are not able to receive the mails only when the partner dependent is set to SDCD0001 (Developer)or  SDCD0002(Tester) and IT Operator. IF the  partner dependent is set to" SDCR0001 - Change manager" is set , then everything works fine.

Kindly advice on this.

Thanks

Pankaj

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

I don't know if this will help, but please check the following:

- are you using different people for Developer, Tester and Change Manager, or do you fill in the same person (business partner) while you test? I have noticed that often mails are not being sent properly if the same person is entered multiple times. This is especially true if this is also the "current processor".

You can use the personalize button to add the "parties involved" assignment block to your ticket, to check if there is any overlap.

- the emails to the developer and tester need to be sent when you are in the urgent change. did you configure those email actions on action profile SMHF_ACTIONS (instead of on SMCR_ACTIONS)?

Kind regards,

Joyca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Joyca,

Actually Partner functions got changed from SDCD0001 to SMCD0001 for developer and same with tester in new Solman Version.

Now as you said  that mails are not being sent properly if same person is entered multiple times. You are exactly true.I checked practically that Mail didn't get trigger while entering same person.

Requester,Change Manage,Developer,Tester and IT Operator all should be different persons. Otherwise mail is not triggering to that person.

In our case as per requirement :For  Customization change : Requester,Developer,Tester will be same.

Kindly advice how we can achieve this.

Thanks Pankaj

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

I don't know how to solve that. But I supposed it behaves that way because when they are all the same person, mails are not needed, because the person himself will already know that he for example needs to test, because he has just set that status himself.

Kind regards,

Joyca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Joyca,

We can achieve this by deactivating CRM_ACTION_BADI in se18. Then it will not look for same person in multiple roles.

Thanks,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

have you reviewed note  1587298 ?

regards,

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Javier,

I have already seen that note.  I have same settings as mentioned in note. I am in ST 710 SP 8 Version. These settings are already present.But still unable to send mail.

Thanks,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

please check that the right options are selected  for transaction type and category

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide
     Customer Relationship Management
       Transactions
         Settings for Activities
           Maintain Categories, Goals, and Priorities
             Assign Categories to Transaction Types

Here select this entry:

Transaction Type:  0005 Outgoing E-Mail
    Category        :  INT E-Mail      > you have to change this into
                                         '401 E-Mail'

regards,

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Javier.

I have attached screenshot for reference. Category is maintained to transaction type.

Thanks,

Pankaj

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

You need to check the scot is configured properly to trigger emails and you have all the authorization

kindly check the below links.

http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/09/18/sending-e-mail-from-support-message

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35291

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

i have tried everything which is mentioned in above links you have given.

but still Emails are not triggering whenever tester confirms successful test in action tab.

please reply

Thanks,

Ashish Rajput