cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central CTS update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Does anybody know what's happened to Central CTS?

In TECHed2010 SAP announced Central CTS, but since then there's no further info. I wounder if this functionality has been integrated within Change Request Management or Quality Gate Management (within SAP SM 7.1)

Cheers,

Fernando 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Fernando,

indeed this feature is not available yet. It will be part of Solution Manager 7.1 as an Add-On

Please check these docs:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5023ba03-25af-2c10-6191-99480554d...

http://scn.sap.com/people/christian.martick/blog/2011/02/03/central-cts--how-is-it-going

cCTS is planned to be available as part of the GA version Solution Manager 7.1 SP2. However, this release will not include a cCTS standalone version, but a version that serves as the central transport

layer below the ChaRM flex version. Right now, it is not available to customers at large, but only for selected pilot customers - and so is the documentation.

By the way If you are interested in becoming a pilot customer you should speak with your SAP account manager.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't found any documents for recent news,perhaps it is integrated with the CTS component.

I would also like to point out that you need to install the component after your SolMan is up and running, its not a built in one; I think the current SP is at 07.

Karin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

central CTS is currently not available.

There area plans for the near future - I recommend the following SAP TechEd sessions planned for this year:

ITM161 Discover the New Flexibility of Change Request Management with Central CTS,

ITM207 Discover Change Control Management Based on a Central CTS and

ITM208 Configure Central CTS Foundation for ChaRM and QGM

to get the latest updates.

Thanks and kind regards

Karin