cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diff betn BIND_ELEMENTS and bind_table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All experts.

I am a newbie in WD4A. Did some tutorials last week.

Noticed that we can use BIND_ELEMENTS and BIND_TABLE when we want to bind a table to a context node. Any diff between the two? Which method to use when?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215843
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>Bind_elements</b> is more generic than <b>bind_table</b>, because you can use it with a table of data or a table of references to elements.

In most cases you would bind a table with data, then you should use <b>bind_table</b>, because it is much faster, especially when the line type of the table you pass to the method and the node type are the same.

Ciao, Regina

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member196517
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aishi,

If you see the properties of context node you will find one important one :-cardinality which specifies at run time how many sets of data it can hold. Now if for example if at runtime you have only one set of data ( or rather structure) you will use bind_structure to context node or if you have a internal table with data you have to use bind_table (of course in this case you should have cardinality 0..N for the node).

Thanks and Regards,

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone.

My question was diff between BIND_ELEMENTS annd BIND_TABLE.

I know bind_element and bind_structure can be used only for single cardinality.

Anyway, i guess Regina's answer has somehow satiated me.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

bind_table is used when you have the entire local table in your function memory

bind element is when you have a line to add (static attributes to element element to context)

grtz

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aishi,

You may bind single field, structure and internal table it all depends upon your requirement.

~Bhawanidutt.

PS: Request you to close thread if your query is answered.