Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why not reuse Program ID in RFC channel

markus_schalk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

does anybody know, why it is not allowed/recommended to reuse same program ID in several channels?

How does PI determine which ico or sender agreement has to be called coming in? Is there an equal logic like for idocs where control record is used to determine business system due to logical system name?

We are configuring value added tax interfaces for multiple erp clients on the same technical system. SAP support recommends to create 2 channels with same program ID in 2 icos on PO system. I am having doubts that this works! Does anybody have experience with this scenario?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Assuming your question is in context of Sender RFC scenario.

Same discussion in thread below:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/857215

There are multiple other threads.

I do not think having same program id and RFC destination has any flip side, just that the RFC destination and Sender RFC channel should have the same program id.

If the purpose is the same, why not re-use an object.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

markus_schalk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

i searched SCN already, and I didn't find any thread which really answers my questions. The point is, why should the same program id not be used in different sender comm. channels? What happens if you do it?

Regards,

Markus

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Markus,

>>>>The point is, why should the same program id not be used in different sender comm. channels?

You can do so.

>>>>What happens if you do it?

I don't think anything wrong is going to happen. the same gateway will be registered twice in the ECC system. Its like another variable with a different name pointing to the same object. You can check that in SMGW->Logged on clients

Its similar to a situation if you create 2 IDoc adapters pointing to ECC.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

As far as I know, we could use only one program ID for the same SID. You can actually run out of JCO users (some gets inactive/stopped) when creating them via NWA.

Regards,

Mark