cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding New Custom Field In Contract Tab !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to CLM!

I was trying to add new custom field to contract document, below Description and Contract document type

I went to extension Definition under configuration and tried “contract document type” and “contract document” in “Extended Class Name field “but could not add new field under description.

Can any one  please let me know what exactly should I use for "Extended Class Name" to add these new field.

Thanks,

Roopesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Roopesh,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to add custom fields on that page.

Typically extension fields are added on the contract document page, so may be if you could explain your requirement, forum can provide some guidance.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for the help,

My client wants to increase the Character length of description to 500, as it was standard field I suggested client to add a custom field, so that they can have two fields to combine.

If customer wants to continue with the description field they should save the document and continue with contract document page?

If I want to join these two fields to show in a report, what table exactly I should use ?

Thanks,

Roopesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Adding one more thing here ,

After adding the custom field, I we are creating a custom report and I want to add these field to custom report.

while adding the extension filed I got this attribute database name- FCI_DYN_$214783348

when I look in to that table I found these column ID's, which one I should use to add my field in to the report

so which field should I use to add this field.

Thanks in Advance,

Roopesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roopesh,

You should find a column Z_cont_DOC  in the extension table. However, you are not able to find such column here in this screenshot beacuse you are looking at a wrong table. You should look up FCI_DYN_$214783348 rather than FCI_DYN_$214783548 Please look at the right table to find the desired column.

Regards,

Bindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bindu,

I really appreciate your help, I was looking at other table.

Thanks,

Roopesh.

Answers (0)