cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver 7.4 x SAP IdM 7.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm putting together a new Virtual Machine for testing the SP8 of IdM, but I'm intending to install Netweaver 7.4.

My question would be:

- I can do an installation of NetWeaver 7.4 to work with SAP IdM 7.2 or only work with the version of NetWeaver 7.3?

- Is there a media pack available for download on the SAP site for the installation of NetWeaver 7.4 with Kernel?

- What NetWeaver minimum so that I can upgrade to SP8 of IdM?

Thanks. I'm awaiting a answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would think as long as you install current SPs to the 7.4 stack it would allow for IDM SP08; at the moment you have to have the following for the 7.3x series:

Netweaver 7.3 SP09

or

Netweaver 7.31 SP06

I would think that all Netweaver stacks are newer releases that include previous versions.  SAP does have the media packs and kernels you would need for the installation, however don't expect to find the typical SAP_inst set of files; you will want to look for SWPM.

And to make things even better for you the JSPM (while installed) is broken from running directly in 7.4; so you will have to rely on SUM to update your SPs for Java & to install the IDM components.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't believe that 7.4 is in the PAM for IDM 7.2 SP8 yet.

I did get it working on NW 7.3 EHP1.  You can read about my experiences in this forum.

Regards,

Matt