cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I handle Drop Shipments in ORDERS01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am an EDI Analyst and I would appreciate some guidance in dealing with the ORDERS01 IDOC for Drop Shipments.

My employer is in the automotive industry.  Our customer wants us to ship direct-to-the-dealer.  We do not have any form of identification for the dealer per se in SAP.  My thinking is that this needs to be handled via the E1EDKA1/E1EDPA1 segments.

I am inclined to identify the customer using a PARVW of AG and to put complete shipping name and address details on the PARVW=WE occurrence of the E1EDKA1 segment.

If I do that, will the dealer name and address appear as the ship-to address on any shipping-related documents and the customer's name and address on any billing related documents?

I would have a value for PARTN when PARVW=AG but not for when PARVW=WE.  Would this pose a problem?

Thank you for any assistance that you may be able to provide.

Adrian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This goes to the fundamental question of Business Partners mapping.

Dealer can be a Sold to Party also, so you have to be careful about this mapping.

If it is only a one time push into SAP, then you can use - Eduardo's logic which sounds a decent solution. 

Putting aside the EDI Component, you should look at how the standard order mapping should be and then deal with exceptions. The 80 - 20 rule.

Thanks.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use a one-time partner for WE role, so, some end user would create it, so you could populate name and address (I believe you are speking about IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS).

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo