cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-PS-PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm from Telecommunication sector background last 12 years planning exp. (Network planning, Project management planning and control)  and PMP Certified . Then I  wanted to move as a SAP consultant profile.

1 . Can any one suggest which module is suitable for me?

2.  am PMP certified , is it suitable for me in SAP field?

3.  is any certified SAP course  available for telecommunication sector for present  trend:

4. will help me to go in SAP industry with good package.

5. What is the SAP PS-PM module Scope in future. because i've seen in job portals there are not sufficient opening in this module?

6. Please help me to take right decision

kindly give me some contacts of SAP PS PM holders who r working with this module. 

Regards

VISHNU

vvar2k@yahoo.co.in

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Vishnu,

Thank you for posting your query on SCN.  Let me try to answer your questions.

1. Based on your history, there are several options for you:

- SAP Project Systems

- SAP Project and Portfolio Management

- SAP Enterprise Asset Management (formerly PM)

2. SAP has a global R.E.P. membership with the PMI organization and PMP certification is welcomed by our customers and partners.

3. We don't have a specific training curriculum for Telecom, however, most of our applications can be  configured for Telecom customers.

4. As with any organization, our customers would prefer to hire personnel who already have transferrable skills that can easily be adapted.  Although completing SAP training and certification may improve your chances of employment, it is not a guarantee that you will get a job.  You would have to demonstrate that you can apply the knowledge you've gained in the real world.

5. SAP PS = SAP Project Systems and SAP PM = SAP Plant Maintenance, which is now called EAM-SAP Enterprise Asset Management.  This area is growing in demand.  Perhaps you can revise your search criteria to reflect this naming convention to get more results.

6. Unfortunately we cannot provide the contacts you requested as this is against corporate policy.  However, many users of SAP PS and PM can be found on Linked-In.  I would recommend you register for one of the member groups specializing in these topics.  Membership is free.

Best regards,

Regina