Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special stock indicator for Reservation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

This is the situation:

Customer does not want automatic 'hard' reservation on saving Sales order. They will later assort them and through BDC they would reserve the selected Sales orders and certain quantity of it through MB1B mov type 412 E. The item category in all the order will be having special stock indicator as "E" by default. Now, for the orders where there is no reservation required even later will also have the same item category. So on delivering them, it gives the error that the sales order stock does not exist. and will not allow to dispatch even if lot of quantities will be available in unrestricted.

As a workaround I can attach two item categories in sales doc type. one with stock indicator "E" and one without "E". But customer is not ready to change the item category manually on all line items where he does not want to get into reservation later and wants to dispatch directly from unrestricted.

Is there any workaround where I can still do this? Please suggest if there is any better solution to this requirement.

Thanks,

Binita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your time and answers. I tried doing one thing. I kept the item category without special stock indicator E. I tried to create a sales order and with mov type 412 E, I tried to reserve the stock against that sales order. It did give me warning message that the special stock indicator is not maintained but it still reserved the stock in sales order stock category.

Is this the right way to do it? because if this does not have any further repercussions, I can still maintain all the items in sales order with just one category without E indicator and as per requirement user can still reserve the stock against the selected sales order.

thanks,

Binita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try creating delivery after reserving the stock for this sales order?

If yes, did it fetch the correct Sales order stock?

since you are not using the special stock indicator anywhere in the sales order or in the item category, even though you move the stock to "sales order stock", i believe during delivery creation the system will look for general stock rather than sales order stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binita,

Could you please try the below:

Create an item category with special stocks as E in business data.

now, create a sales order. Then deliver it. Try to post it. In all probability, the posting would fail. If you check the error log, the system would say stock is insufficient.

You can go to MD04 and check against the sales order. The stock against the sales order would show as ZERO even though the plant and storage location would show you enough stock.

As described by you, you can update the stock agains the 412, E  movement type.

Please try and let us know.

Regards

Vamshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

its not possible in standard SAP as explained in the above two answers.

the one way i could think of doing it is, you can have two item cats. one with "E" (ex. TAN1) and another one without "E" (ex. TAN2). At the time of order entry make TAN2 as default.

Write a piece of code in the BDC to change the Item cat. to TAN1 before doing 412 E.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot use same item category for both SALES ORDER STOCK and Non-sales order stock scenario

you have to create a new item category without special stock indicator and configure it accordingly to determine in sales order without reservation

regards,

santosh

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You description is very starnge to me, I'm not aware of any standard functionality which would create reservation for a sales order (item).

Other confusing thing is that if MTO production is used why the stock is not located as default in the right special stock segment (E). Even if you procure the goods externall or internally, in MTO process the GR should be posted into the right special stock segment and not manipulated manually (=not moved manually from normal stock segment)).

Could you please provide an explanation what is your process exactly is and why don't you follow the standard pricinples (as per your explanation)?