Hi experts,

I check sapcpe_TCP_ERS10_dl980-1.log and the result is like this

Command line:

0: C:\usr\sap\TCP\ERS10\exe\sapcpe.exe

1: list:\\tccprd1\sapmnt\TCP\SYS\profile\TCP_ERS10_dl980-1.lst

2: source:\\tccprd1\sapmnt\TCP\SYS\profile

3: target:C:\usr\sap\TCP\ERS10\profile

Trace level (profile): 1

working only on the File-List \\tccprd1\sapmnt\TCP\SYS\profile\TCP_ERS10_dl980-1.lst

** INFO:    Try to find file table sapcpeft (default:sapcpeft)

** INFO:    Try to find file table in the central directory \\tccprd1\sapmnt\TCP\SYS\profile\sapcpeft

** INFO:    not found any file table.

source: \\tccprd1\sapmnt\TCP\SYS\profile

target: C:\usr\sap\TCP\ERS10\profile

Current list file: list:\\tccprd1\sapmnt\TCP\SYS\profile\TCP_ERS10_dl980-1.lst

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I let sapcpe update the ERS kernel files automatically like SCS00 and D01? Should I create a sapcpeft in \\tccprd1\sapmnt\TCP\SYS\profile\ ? What files should I include?Is there a sample file?

source: S:\usr\sap\TCP\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64

target: S:\usr\sap\TCP\ASCS00\exe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well sapcpe has different mechanisms to get the list of files to copy from A to B.

1. It has an internal hard coded list of files (from the good old R/3 days)
  2. it automatically looks for a set of text files which can provide the information about files to copy
  3. it can be invoked with a text file which contain the filenames to be copied

sapcpeft is one the textfiles from 2 which is automatically searched for.

Normaly this file does not exist and therefore the logfile you posted is a typical one containing no errors so far.

For more information open a cmd.exe and just type sapcpe.exe help

An ERS instance is configured to have it's private copy of the Instance- (and if still used Start-) Profile, because the central location (shared disk of the ASCS) may not be online when then ERS instance is startet.

Therefore you have a Profile copy step and a executable copy step during startup of the ERS instance. Have a look into your ERS (Start) profile for more information - or sapstart.log after the instance has been started.

regards

Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lee

I thing you may need to copy those file manually. Because a month back we have same issue after copied manually our issues solved. You have to replace the all the file in ERSXX\EXE folder, before that take a backup copy of old ERSXX\EXE folder

Thanks & Regards

Sriram

former_member211576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

I know I can copy files manually and that is what I always did before. but I think SAP could solve this issue because it seems to be designed for update automatically if I configure correctly.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lee

Kindly go thru the blow mention SAP Note in that Step 4.2

Note 1636252 - Installing a 7.20 kernel in SAP Web AS 7.00/7.01/7.10/7.11

Thanks

Sriram