cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC/LSMW for creating Milestone Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

Hope everyone is fine. I have a scenario in which we are using 2 types of Revenues Produced revenue and transport revenue. We have multiple lines in which some materials are of Produced revenues and some contain transport revenues. Client is doing milestone billings line item based.

Now the problem is when they receive instruction  from other departments to make milestone of 30% produced materials and 20% transport materials my client has to click every line item then for produced they select specific line item and then make milestone billing then for Transport they select specific lines then create milestone billing. Is there any way through which we can bifurcate groups or revenues in sales order Or we make LSMW/BDC and chose produced then system create milestone according to it.

E.G

January: Milestone on 30% Produced items and 20% Transport items

April    : Milestone on 40 % Produced items and 50% Transport items

July    : Milestone on 30 % Produced items and 30%  Transport items

Materials:

Produced 1

Transport 1

Produced 2

Transport 2

Do we have any option to automate this scenario sometimes frequency is too much.

Waiting for reply. To clear anything kindly tell........

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have many questions here.

1. How is the Milestone being used here ? What do you mean by Milestone on 30% Produced items ?
  2. What are the different Milestones ?
  3. What do you mean by Produced Revenues ? Is it the revenue derived from Materials which are Produced in the company and sold ?
  4. What do you mean by Transport Revenues ? Is it the revenue derived from Materials which are Transported by the company ? Can a Produced Revenue Material have Transport Related Revenue ?

I think this might be something very specific to your company. If you can give some examples [ at  least  2 to 3 for each ] for Produced and Transport Materials that would help a lot. 

Also, is the client using Controlling and Profitability Analysis Functionality here ? 

There are other questions, which I would reserve for a later part.

From the looks of it is a Finance Requirement and SD is trying to cater to this.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks SAP Explorer for your reply. Let me explain you people in detail.

1. How is the Milestone being used here ? What do you mean by Milestone on 30% Produced items ?

This is like payment terms which is for customer. In Contracts we define that we will receive payment from customer once we produced 75% materials and when we deliver we will take 25% payment on Transport

Finance department told us that they want revenues not only for produced items but also on Transport items which they will deliver to customer. Now how we have created two separate revenues one is for Produced and another one is Transport

2. What are the different Milestones ?

They use different percentages while quoting milestones. Like 75% 25% , 80% 20% etc.

3. What do you mean by Produced Revenues ? Is it the revenue derived from Materials which are Produced in the company and sold ?

Revenue for produced items which we use in milestone.

4. What do you mean by Transport Revenues ? Is it the revenue derived from Materials which are Transported by the company ? Can a Produced Revenue Material have Transport Related Revenue ?

Apart from produced Finance department requested us that they want to see separate revenue on how much revenue they have generated on transport. so we assigned 2 different revenues.

Profitability Analysis Functionality here ? 

No we are not using Profitability analysis function here.

Our Issue:

Due to multiple lines sometimes user takes too much time selecting produced material line items the make milestone and then same with transport line items. So i am looking for automated process if any or any customization in order to release his work or We make any report in which we define then upload it. Any process if you people suggest. Might we are missing some step or making mistake somewhere.

Hope that i have cleared your confusion. If you people still need clarification kindly ask me.

Many Thanks.......

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Last set of questions if you are inclined to answer :

1. What is the product / material that you are dealing with ? Appreciate if you can give the actual name without mentioning your company name.
  2. Why are transport expenses being created and treated as Materials ?

Some of these requirements can be directly mapped in COPA.

Thanks. 

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Apart from produced Finance department requested us that they want to see separate revenue on how much revenue they have generated on transport. so we assigned 2 different revenues.

I think ,why dont you go for using Shipment cost / Transport cost thru VI01 ?

Scenario is like below ,

VA01->VL01N ( No PGI ) ->VT01N->VI01->ME21N->ML81N->VI02->VL02N ( PGI )->VF01 and MIRO .

Let me know ,if you want any details .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Thanks for your inputs to " SD Unknown". That is a good suggestion but revenue and cost differentiation is important here.

Thanks.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I guess you can achieve this through BDC recording. Discuss with your ABAPER and create recording in SM35 if I am not wrong. Take item number or item category (if there are or can be different categories for both percentages) to differentitate both percentages. Make an excel file and upload in SAP to do the changes in bulk.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks MoazzaM

I will definitely look into it. But before proceeding further let me through some light on scenario.

As per finance they want to bifurcate material into multiple GL revenues. Like this

Material1-> Produced revenue

Material1->Transport/Delivered revenue

Material2-> Produced revenue

Material2->Transport/Delivered revenue

Material3-> Produced revenue

Material3->Transport/Delivered revenue

Let suppose we have produced MAT1(Qty-2) MAT2(QTY-3) and MAT3(QTY-4)  now we have to bill produced items and customer said deliver me only MAT1(Qty-1) MAT2(QTY-1) and MAT3(QTY-1) Quantities as per requested by customer and milestone will be done according to it. Right now these are afew materials sometimes they are many. If we go for Header Milestone then it will be applicable for every line item But i we go for line item milestone we will achieve our goal but its difficult job for my client/user to click every line and goto-milestone billing and define %age then click another and then another line. due to which they requested us to automate this or give any suitable solution just bcoz if the frequency is high in that case what they will do.

So we would be thinking if we can achieve this like we have option that we can separate produced and transport then click and make milestone.

Will wait for your valuable answer......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MoazzaM

I am still waiting for your kind reply. I have mentioned my issue in detail. Kindly suggest me the steps of

creating milestone billing via BDC/LSMW.

I would be grateful to you in this regards

Thanks

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have just a suggestion that ty to follow the standard milestone functionality. Although you are following standard too but you have make this very complex. If you want to use some LSMW or BDC then you need to prepare an excel file for the data to be changed or uploaded. Mannual working will be still there for your client. I don't think so this is a good idea to go for BDC or LSMW. We have to think some other better solution and for this I need to know the whole process and background of this requirement. Can you please answer the questions asked by SAP Explorer.

Thank$