cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Level by Material Rev Level

michele_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

I am working on implementing DMRs and skipping at my company. We have parts which are maintained by revision level and are currently also maintaining Q info records by rev level. As you know, revs can be specified on purchasing documents and therefore inspection lots.

However, I don't see how the difference in revs is accounted for in inspection plans and quality levels. For example, I may have a material (old) rev which is in a skipping status but I wish to inspect the new rev. So I wish to have different inspection stage in the Q Level for the two. Is this possible?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Definatly its not std functionality as "Revision level" of Inspection plan is not the dynamic modification criteria as per std SAP.

Please check following steps whether it can help you:

1.Monitor the revision level with reference to change managment.

2.Every time when a changes will be made n Inspection plan with reference to Change number system should check the current revision level.

3.Use exit QDSE0003 (Influencing init. insp. stage on autom. qual. level creation)

4.Build logic to reset the quality level automatically whenerver inspection plan change.

michele_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

I have learned that the user exit you have suggested QDSE0003 can be used to influence the inspection stage at the initial creation of a quality level. I believe in my case, I want instead to use QDSE0002, which will allow override of stage on the inspection lot level.

If we went ahead with this, we would likely check the rev level on the incoming receipt and see if we have received this rev X times since the quality level had last changed. In other words, if the quality level stage was updated last week to a "skip" and today I receive a rev for which I have not yet seen an inspection lot, then reset to stage 10 "inspect".

Thank you for your help.

Answers (0)