cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check and copy control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a sales order with sales doc type ZOR. The schedule lines are confirmed in this sales order.

Now i will be creating another sales order type ZAR with ref to ZOR order type. I have following questions

1) In copy control, there is a setting called, "copy schedule lines,". what does it mean. Does it mean that confirmed qty's from previous sales order ZOR will be copied to ZAR. If yes, does that mean I do not have to enable the availilbility check for new ZAR order .

2) Irrespective of what settings we do for 'copy schedule line" as above.  Do the availability check needs to be done in the new SO created with ref to another SO ?

3)  If ZOR order type has schedule line category as ZP. can I use the same schedule line cat ZP for new order ZAR (ZAR created with red to ZOR )

4)  Iam still confused with proposed delivery category option in copy control. Why this is so. SAP help does not explain clearly.  if I leave the proposed item cat field blank in copy control, then system will sue item category determination  based on sales document type to propose item category.

then what is the use of "Proposed item category" field in copy control.

regards

Pamela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Yes, the sch. line will be copied over.

2. Activating availability depends on the business scenario. If ZAR is an actual order for which Delivery will be created, its better to activate Availability check. by that way if there is any unexpected unavailability of inventory you would know right away.

3. Yes, you can use the same Sch. Line cat.

4. consider the below example:

Only when you create ZAR with reference to ZOR you want CAT2 to be the default item cat and in all the other cases - when ZAR is created with ref to some other orders or ZAR is created without ref to any orders - you want CAT1 as default, then the config will be like below:

Item Cat Determination:

Order     Def Item Cat     Man Item Cat

ZAR      CAT1                CAT2

ZOR to ZAR Copy control:

Item Cat Proposal - CAT2