cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Dimension of Field on View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got ITEM field from Table 1 which has got data type as NVARCHAR and DIM as "6" and another ITEM field from Table 2 has got data type as NVARCHAR but DIM is "4". I have 2 Analytic View and each ITEM is available in each Analytic View. I have joined these two analytic view in Calculation view with ITEM field joined. But it retrieved ZERO results and I do UNION then it retrieve more records. Like couple of rows from TABLE 1 and couple records from ITEM 2. Where as it should be only 1 row.

I have tried to do changes in SLT but it is not giving option changing the DIM.

Please provide suggestion on this.

Thanks in advance

Rahim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahim,

Ideally the join should work. It is not dependent on the data type length, but the data itself. Can you please check if the data is exactly same in both the tables for the ITEM records. Please check if there is any leading or trailing black space value.

A screenshot of your data records will help. Also provide the details on the JOIN and the screenshot of the UNION data.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

You can write ALTER statement to change the length of the field at table level.

http://help.sap.com/hana/html/sql_alter_table.html#alter_table_alter_column_clause

UNION in calculation view work as "UNION ALL', so when you have 6 records in analytic view1 and 6 in second analytic view, you will get 12 and not 6 records. Where as when you create report on top of this view, you will get 6 records.

hope this helps.

Regards,

Venkat.