Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM: Partner Function - Role

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fellow Members,

I am trying to add new partner to my Partner Determination Procedure. I have created them in Partner Determination procedure as seen below and also have made the required settings for partner functions in Customizing under SAP Solution Manager -> Capabilities -> Change Management ->
Standard Configuration -> Transaction Types > Partner Schema

Now I am in "Specify Partner Function Display in Transaction" step

Here I do not see my Z Partner Functions in the Dropdown of "Role" column. Only the standard partners are displayed.

Any Clues why is like this? Where do I add "Role Type" for my Z Partner Functions?

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

you won't see your partner function in this list. This list of role types is fixed in domain AIC_CRM_PARTNER_FCT_TYPE_D, Semantical Definition of CRM Business Partner Function, as shown below. You need to select one of the existing role types and assign it to your new partner function. Your partner function will be in field Function only.

Best regards,

Raquel

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also did it like that when I was adding extra partner functions, I chose one of the existing roles that are quite general, like Contact Person or Message Processor.

As long as you have entered your Z-partner in the Function field, as Raquel indicated, it will be fine.

Same thing for the "Object Relation Name" field, I copied one from the other existing partner functions.

I'm not sure what effect those two fields (Role Type and Object Relation Name) have, but I haven't noticed anything about them (yet).

Kind regards,

Joyca

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank You Raquel ! Appreciate it.

I figured it out this now. I was having a notion that there might be some table where in I have to enter the Role Types while forming a new Z Partner Function.  I chose the existing Role Type as you mentioned and  everthing's fine .

Thanks Again,

Vivek

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Joyca, I am able to use the existing Role Types; as you pointed out, even I do not think they have any effect anywhere.

Thanks Again,

Vivek

Answers (0)