cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vk11 - how do 2 similar pricing conditions work together in the sales orders?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Could you please help? I have an issue and do not understand it: I set up 2 pricing conditions via VK11.

Both are invisible Activity Discount ZACT.

A. First one is set up with Key Combinantion: "SalesOrg" only, validity date: ex. 22.12.2013 (1 day only)

B. Second one is set up for "Sold to" X with Key Combination: "SalesOrg/Sold to/Material", validity date: ex. 01.06.2013 - 31.12.2013.

We noticed following issue:

When we create sales order today (within validity period) for customer X manually (via VA01), system initially puts ZACT from  "SalesOrg/Sold to/Material" and when we change pricing date to 22.12.2013, systems changes ZACT to condition A. (pricing date overwrites condition B).

However when sales order is created via EDI, system initially puts cond. B. BUT when we change pricing date, condition B IS NOT OVERWRITTEN - means stays as it was initially.

Can anyone explain to me, how does it work? I mean, how will 2 conditions of the same "type" (ZACT) and validity date, but different "key combination" work together in the sales order?

I am end user (super user in the past), not programmer 🙂

Thanks beforehand!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe you have a trouble related with re-determination of conditions. Please, see SAP Note 24832 - Pricing rules / TVCPF, I think it will help you to understand what is happening.

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you. Would you please be so kind and help me find the way to the SAP Note 24832...? I am completely new at SCN and still have some troubles to find correct info (browser asked me for user name and password for https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/24832, as the message was „SAP Service Marketplace”)

Many thanks in advance!

Maria

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

To view SAP note in service market place you need a username and password which you can ask from your BASIS guy. But if you just copy the SAP note in google and hit the search button you may get links like this.

http://www.sapossnotes.com/2011/03/sap-note-24832-pricing-rules-tvcpf.html

Moreover if you are end user then you need to understand the pricing techniques in SAP. If you have appropriate access then please check the exclusion indicator in access sequence and condition exclusion procedure. May be one of these two tips may be helpful for you.

Thank$

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

SAP provided best functionality in pricing. If you are creating new access sequence so always take first priority which is you require in high priority.

Like your Exp.  

1. SalesOrg" only,

2. SalesOrg/Sold to/Material

That case system always pick first rate of your SO level and that is wrong because of SO is always available in your all scenario. So your first level is SO/Sold Party/Material, That case always found correct rate if record not found so system will check your second priority.

In Access sequence ,There is tick require on exclusive field.

Thanks

Arun

former_member210682
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

I f you are an user,kindly ask your authorize person to check setting in v/07 ie. access sequence ,if  there is tick on exclusive field or not against that accesses of condition type , if no then kindly tick the exclusive field and test.

Thanks & Regards

0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Can you please share the wrong screen shot?

2. Please click the update bottom in pricing tab after changing the pricing date to 2013.12.22.And then check out wether the price condition has been changed.

Best Regards,

Alex Ding

From shanghai

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might not be a standard behaviour, but it happens sometimes when there are more than one entries in the A- TABLE.

To find out which A- table the condition record is determined, Go to sales order- line item- conditions tab- Analysis. There go to the condition type which is determined. Click on it and then click on the text view. This will show you which A-table the condition record is maintained, for example: A935.

Then go to SE16 and enter the A-table( A935).

Give the condition record parameters. This will display you the condition records . If it's more than one, then you need to delete the extra condition record( there should be only one condition record).

Then you can try creating the order. You shouldn't have this random error.

We once had this issue when more than one contract was maintained for the same condition record combination. We always used to look for the contract identified in the sales order.... After lot of analysis we found the error by following the above process.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Vamshi