cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating A Custom Field through Extensions!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying to add custom field in contract document,  between Description field and Contract type.

I went to extension Definition under configuration and tried “contract document type” and “contract document” in “Extended Class Name field “but could not add new field under description.

Could you please let me know what exactly should I used for Extended Class Name to add these new field.

Thanks,

Roopesh Vardhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roopeh,

I have the same requirement.

Did you find any way to show a custom field on upload document face?

Thanks and regards,

Özlem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roopesh,

Please follow the below steps to create a Extension fiels in the Contracr Document:

1) Create a Extension definition called as Contract Document:

2) Now you can add the attribute means Extension fields  as :

I Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Ankur Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for the reply,

I added the extension definition and added extension Attribute Extension field as shown below,

But, When I tried to create a contract document through MA or AG When I add the the contract document I could not see this extension field See the screen shot below

But when I save the contract document and get back to document then I can see the extended field. can see the exten

So how should I see the new Contract document before saving the document.while creating a contract document ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roopesh,

Please check this : http://scn.sap.com/message/14212153#14212153.

Regards,

Kumud

AbhijeetK
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Good one.

AbhijeetK
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Good one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumud,

I think you did not get my question,

I know how to add customized field through extensions, Once I add the extension definition using contract document , when I went to create MA in Contract document tab:

upload the document I don't see the customized field, see below screen shot, once I fill the data and save the data, after saving the document when I go and see the document then I can see my Customized field,

How can I add the customized field before saving the document ?

Thanks in Advance,

Roopesh