cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC AC 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm just about to implement GRC AC 10 to a new customer and we are debating on which SP to choose- from 10/11/12/13

If you have any input, Please write it down I can learn from your experience.

Thanks,

Michal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

You are all giving important inputs, so thank you very much.

As for this project, We are going to implement ARA and EAM.

Regards,

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

IMHO Deploying neither ARM nor BRM reduces the bugginess factor considerably, but I cannot speak to EAM these days as we have not deployed it yet. I would recommend reviewing the fixes in SP12 and SP13 and see how stable it seems to be. As Alessandro suggested, the newest SP may be your best bet after all.

Good luck!

Gretchen

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The newest SP will at least mean when you raise a message you don't get the default reply of go to the the next SP. And agree you have to stick with an SP at some stage. They were releasing them almost monthly so no way you could get through a test cycle and resolve defects before next stack was released. Hopefully it slows down a bit - in time for 10.1 and start the fun all over again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

My experience with deploying GRC 10 has been a long saga of frustration due to poor quality, one SP after the next. We started our sandbox with SP10 in January; it was so buggy, we could barely get anything to work, so we installed SP11. There were still many Notes that had to be implemented, so we decided to have our DEV system on SP12. That turned out to be  a good decision because, yes, you guessed it, SP12 is as buggy as the rest of them, but at least now when I run into problems in DEV, it is easy to determine if it worked in SP11. We have several Customer Messages outstanding for issues which are not fixed in any SP13 Notes. We don't have time in our project timeline to start all over with another level, so we are going to stick with SP12 and just keep fixing it. It is very disappointing, to say the least, 2 years after this major release went GA, that each SP seems to be both steps forward and steps back.

Good luck to you!

Gretchen

Former Member
0 Kudos

You've just made me very glad we decided to postpone our GRC 10 upgrade and stick with 5.3 for now. I guess we'll go with 10.1 early next year. I wonder if that will be any better...?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Honestly, Steve, it is anyone's guess. I am so deeply disappointed in these ongoing quality issues. Make no mistake: IMHO 10.0 is definitely an improvement over 5.3, but the ongoing uneven quality of SPs makes it anybody's guess as to what is the "go to" level. I suspect that it totally depends on what functionality you are planning to use- e.g full flown BRM, partial BRM (using Business roles but not the role maintenance piece), or only enough BRM to make ARM work. So for any two customers, the "best" SP could be completely different. Maybe it is best to be a ramp up customer, because then you expect a rough, long, buggy road....

Gretchen

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

When you are implementing GRC 10, its always recommded to have the lastest SP available on

the market place as with the new SP , the errors or issues with the previous SPs are resolved.

SP13 as of now is the latest available on SMP , so you should go for it.

Regards,

Silky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Silky Sharma wrote:

Hi Michal,

When you are implementing GRC 10, its always recommded to have the lastest SP available on

the market place as with the new SP , the errors or issues with the previous SPs are resolved.

Resolved? Sometimes. Today our team discovered a workflow bug in SP12, functionality that was apparently broken in SP7, fixed in SP8, and now broken again in SP12, no further fix found yet.

Gretchen

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

we have just upgraded from SP12 to SP13 and we could fix several problems we had before. Since there are almost 10+ new sap notes every day I would recommend to update to the newest.

We have implemented ARA, EAM, ARM and BRM and as I said above we could fix many problems.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Do you have a list of those notes for SP13 ?

We are going to implement only ARA and EAM, and I would like to check the notes that are associated with those modules.

If you do have them,

Please write down the numbers so that i can check them out.

Best Regards

Michal