cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it necessary to delete the ume users before switching the ume source to LDAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed a portal and configured BEx with the abap stack. The source of the ume is now ldap. I did not delete the users in the ume before switching to LDAP as the source. Furthermore, the users get their roles and authorizations from the ABAP stack. Single sign on is activated. The applications are functioning properly. Single sign on is successful and the BEx configuration is successful.

Now my question is:

Is it necessary to delete the users from the UME manually before switching the source to LDAP?

According to what I see in the configured (test) portal, the manually created IDs in the portal do not appear. Only the LDAP mapped users are visible.

In the test portal it was not that critical but I am very careful with the productive portal.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the community.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

@Marcelo

Thanks Marcelo for the note. I started the consistency check but I did not find any inconsistency.

I found the reason for the exception with the function module: RSRD_X_DISTRIBUTE_PROXY.

I have configured a precalculation server for the BW landscape. After I activated SSO I restarted, of course, the abap stack and the java stack. I did not know that the precalculation service should also be restarted after activating SSO.

After doing so, the function module call is successful.

Regards.

Jean Abou-Adal

MarceloPinheiro
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

great news. If the consistency check is ok, many of your problems are solved...

Good luck,

Marcelo Pinheiro

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The most probable answer is that I switched the data source from UME (java) to ABAP in the test system before switching to LDAP. In the productive system, I switched the source from UME to LDAP directly.

The users from the UME were deleted manually. Only the LDAP users are visible now.

Everything is functioning properly. BEx, SSO, etc.

Best regards,

Jean

MarceloPinheiro
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi Jean,

you shouldn't face any issue if you do this changes before populate the datasource. But if you migrate after this, you can face some issue as I have mentioned before.

After do the changes, run the UME consistency check to make sure that everything is ok (Note 1016283).

Thanks,

Marcelo Pinheiro

MarceloPinheiro
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

this is not necessary, but this kind of changes should be made carefully once can cause many inconsistency in your landscape. If you have the same user and same unique ID in two datasources you can get an error during the search of even in login proccess.

You can see more about it at note 718383.

Thanks,

Marcelo Pinheiro

fabio_sarmento
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How have you changed the source? In the UME Admin?

I dont believe it is going to affect your BEx, however the users will remains in your UME. If it is ok for you I think there is no problem...

Is there a special reason for this question?

Regards,

Fabio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your responses.

My practical experience shows that I can still see the old (ume) users and the LDAP users in the productive portal but I did not see any ume users in the test portal. I am still wondering about the reason.

@Rishi

SSO is functioning properly in the productive portal although the users have sometimes duplicates. I am deleting the ume users manually.

BEx is functioning properly.

@Fabio,

I changed the ume from the portal

http://host:port/irj

system administration/configuration/ume configuration/Tab data sources. The reason for the question, are the different results between Test Portal and Production Portal.

With the broadcaster we are having an issue if the users start a query

and try to write the result to a mounted folder under Solaris.

Publishing the result of the query via Email or other means is

working though. The exception is with function module

RSRD_X_DISTRIBUTE_PROXY to ProgId

We have checked the JCO connection WD_ALV_METADATA_DEST.

It uses a specific user that is not locked. The test of the Jco connection

is successful. I tried to change the setting to SSO and to assertion ticket.

The result of the test is always successful but the function module is still

failing.

Regards,

Jean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

You have done pretty well by switching to LDAP source and configuring SSO. Its not necessary to delete the users from UME manually before switching the source to LDAP. The thing is both the users will exist , one in UME source and other in LDAP. You can view the users created previously in UME. Its always better to have a single user and get rid of redundant user data.

Best Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As the user id are in portal and LDAP for some user id you will see two ids in portal one with Ldap source and another as Portal once. Where ever you see this scenario SSO will not work . So its better to do cleanup in Portal before connecting it to LDAP.

I have seen this issue.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol