cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Create RFx option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can i hide Create RFx option from the e-Sourcing module.  I want the buyers only to be able to create RFx from the templates. Where can i locate the toolbar id for Create Rfx option.

Kind Regards,

Anshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

amish_shah2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anshuman

I am sure the options provided above will work, but the best option is to use the finely granular security authorization scheme afforded by the application. Please check the permissions for the users (buyers) who you want to or not want to provide create RFx privileges, as under Setup->System Administration->Internal User Account->User X->Security

You should then assign the users (Buyers), with the right profile. The access that a profile has can be found - Setup->System Administration->Security Profiles. Then take a look at the Access Rights for a profile. The one that you are looking for is "RFx" Business Document. Remember the setting "Not Set" is the same as not allow.

An even better option is to create a group with the appropriate profiles.

Either way, assign the appropriate profiles to the users, or better make the users part of a Group with the appropriate access.

Hope that helps

Amish

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anshuman,

Please follow the below process in order to hide "Create RFx" option.

1. Go to Toolbar Customization

2. Click on create

3. Select Customization Type as: "Business Object"

4. Target Class ID: Put the class id of the object for which you need to hide "Create RFx" option (eg: Agreement)

5. Open RG and go to class selected in step 4

6. Go to the Toolbar View of the Class Reference

7. You can search for Create RFx in the Toolbar view and set the id in Target Toolbar ID

8. In the Overrides section, use property: Hidden, and set value as "Yes"

Please let me know in case you require any further information.

Regards,

Rohit Singhal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshuman,

You can acheive this by creating a Toolbar Customization in your system by mentioning the below:

Target Toolbar ID:

eso.system.toolbar.navigation.odpbluenavgroup_eso.enterprise_sourcing.srm_rfx.odpadd_rfx.rfxdoc 

I hope this will help.
Thanks,
Ankur Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anshu,

You can restrict the RFX Create option  for certain users (buyers) using script definition.Before applying the code, please check how you are going to restrict the buyer access by group or at role level.

Thanks Vimal

import com.sap.odp.common.log.Log;

import com.sap.odp.api.ibean.*;

import com.sap.odp.api.doc.*;

import com.sap.odp.api.common.types.*;

import com.sap.odp.api.util.*;

import com.sap.odp.api.common.exception.*;

restrictedType = "RFQ";

String docType = doc.getDocTypeReference().getDisplayName();

logInfo("******** docType = " + docType);

if (!docType.equals(restrictedType)) {

//     please do the code validation and add the exception if the user doesnt have the required access at the role level or group level

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankur,