cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business functions activation+sfw5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have installed ERP 6.0 EHP6 system ,now i need to activate business functions on dev server.

I am having below doubts Please guide me and anser the questions

1)We need to activate business functions in 000 client or working client?

2)After activating business functions in Dev server , we need to activate the same in Quality and Production?

3) What precutions we need to take before activationg the business functions

4)for activation of EA_FIn business function we need slect the business function and press activate changes button in sfw5 or else we need to any thing.

Please suggest and guide me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Activate it in the Golden Client. I would suggest to read the relevant SAP library / Notes on the particular bus function, it will give you the necessary information for the activation.

2)After activating business functions in Dev server , we need to activate the same in Quality and Production?

Yes, you have to as it will not be captured and transported

Check with functional Team as most of the bus functions cant be reverted back and get confirmation from relevant teams . Read the SAP library stuffs /notes on the specific function, and dependencies etc . First activate in your sandbox system and test it properly to go ahead further

4)for activation of EA_FIn business function we need slect the business function and press activate changes button in sfw5 or else we need to any thing.

Yes, you are right , check if any dependencies to be activated prior to this .

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just for add on information,

The entire system settings of business functions  of one system can be captured in a TR as below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/de/899442047b0831e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Transporting System Settings

To write to a transport request all settings that are displayed in

transaction SFW5, choose   System Settings → Transport. There is no

need to select any rows because it is not possible to transport only part of the

activated business functions.  You need to specify a transport request.

In the transport request, there is an object with the name ”A” and the

explanatory text Status Tables Switch Framework Client-Independent. The

data is imported into the target system in the form of dictionary objects and is

then activated.

Check Note 908007 - Special functions in Switch Framework / SFW5

BR,

Nibu Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depend on the business functionality but most of the times you activate in working client. I come cases you need to copy things from 000 as per the config guide.

Yes. You need to follow same steps as you have done in DEV .

Check which swithc you need to activate as certain switch cannot be turned off once turned on.

I think you need to check the guide for that button or the help available in SWF5.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol