Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can SAP User Menu be designed independent of SAP roles

former_member384980
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends, my query is

Can SAP User Menu be designed independent of SAP roles

Query in detail: We have designed role matrix for our users as per designation.

For example :-

Role 1

ME21N- Create Purchase Order

ME22N-Change Purchase Order

Role 2

ME29N- Release Purchase Order

ME28- Collective Release

Role 3

ME23N- Display Purchase Order

Let us consider we have 3 user id’s

Purchase1( Entry Level  users),  Purchase 2(Releasing  Authority,  Purchase 3(Report View)

Our requirement is in that for user id Purchase1 we will assign Role 1 and Role 3 and in the user menu  there will be a folder named    “Purchase Order“  which will contain three T codes ME21N, ME22N and ME23N i.e. T Code ME21N, ME22N coming from Role 1 and T Code ME23N coming from Role 3. Similary Purchase 2 will be assigned Role 1, Role 2 and Role 3 and in user menu there will be a folder named  “Purchase Order“ which will contain  T Codes ME21N,ME22N,ME23N, ME28 and ME29N i.e T Code ME21N,ME22N coming from Role 1, T Code ME28,ME29N coming from Role2 and ME23N coming from Role 3.

So we would like to know after creating roles as per designations how can we design user menu’s for the user id’s where we will create folders as per document type like purchase requisition, purchase order, inventory documents and these folders will contain all T Codes related to that document even if they come from different roles assigned to that user id.

Regards

Deepak

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

It is possible to design a custom menu structure on the composite role level.
Assuming the three roles you mentioned are single roles, it would be sufficient to assign the different combinations you will need to a composite role and design the role menu as per your requirements.

Example:
Composite role Purchase1 would as per your example contain role 1 and role 3.
In the PFCG menu tab for this composite role, import the menu's from the different single roles and create the folder structure you want. You can drag & drop the imported transactions to this folder structure and delete any unwanted entries from the menu.

Please keep in mind that it could be a lot of manual work and that you will need to review it every time you add or remove single roles from that composite role.
Additionally, if a user would be assigned multiple composite roles that contain a folder with the same name, these folders will not be merged.

Kind regards,

Brent

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds to me like working as designed. What is the problem you are facing?

As for the design, my favorite approach is to create the whole menu for everyone in one designated role (without any authorizations) and use that as a source when creating the final roles. In that way you make sure the structure is always consistent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

It is possible to design a custom menu structure on the composite role level.
Assuming the three roles you mentioned are single roles, it would be sufficient to assign the different combinations you will need to a composite role and design the role menu as per your requirements.

Example:
Composite role Purchase1 would as per your example contain role 1 and role 3.
In the PFCG menu tab for this composite role, import the menu's from the different single roles and create the folder structure you want. You can drag & drop the imported transactions to this folder structure and delete any unwanted entries from the menu.

Please keep in mind that it could be a lot of manual work and that you will need to review it every time you add or remove single roles from that composite role.
Additionally, if a user would be assigned multiple composite roles that contain a folder with the same name, these folders will not be merged.

Kind regards,

Brent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also use area menu's. 

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

In role menu we can create the folders and assign to the users for creating the menu check with the client requirement and create the folders accordingly.

Regards,

Kondalarao.