cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing WM from the plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We want to remove the WM from a raw material storage location (we need to close the warehouse). All the incomplete transactions related to the WM have been completed. There are still stocks in the storage bins for that material. Due to some legal issues, we cannot do physical inventory for the stock clearance. Kindly tell me if there is any other way to bring the WM stocks to 0. ?

If I leave the WM stocks as it is and just remove the SL-WM configuration from the enterprise structure, will it suffice my requirement. What will be the audit/legal repercussions for the above solution.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"

Hello Manisha,

Try below,

(1) Transfer full WM stock to 999 storage type with bin lost&found. using movement type 999.

(2) Use LI21 to write off the stock. Remove WM assignment from plant-sloc.

(3) Now upload stock to IM sloc using 561."

Please note that if you use this option, your finance postings will be incorrect as different Gl accounts will be effected by each move. The best advise has already been given in the you should transfer the stock to an IM storage location before removing the warehouse.

Cheers

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manisha,

Try below,

(1) Transfer full WM stock to 999 storage type with bin lost&found. using movement type 999.

(2) Use LI21 to write off the stock. Remove WM assignment from plant-sloc.

(3) Now upload stock to IM sloc using 561.

All the best

Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manisha

If we doing this steps , surely it impact financial side ......

so you telling using 561 upload new stock through IM Only. How about stock reconcilation.....

if iam wrong means correct me .

With Regards

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i suggested what others told to you, you can the stock to non maintain storage location.

why you dont want WM.....

With Regards

DINESH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of physical inventory, you may use movement type 562/561 to clear WM stock.

1) Post 562 to completely clear the stock from warehouse attached storage locations

2) Do a mass bin to bin transfer (LT10) to move all WM stock in regular storage types to bin AUFNAHME in storage type 998

3) Remove connection between storage locations to your warehouse in customizing

4) Post 561 to bring stock back to original storage locations

No other goods movement should happen during this process.

...If I leave the WM stocks as it is and just remove the SL-WM configuration from the enterprise structure, will it suffice my requirement...

Technically speaking, I don't see serious problem with this approach. Only drawback I can think of is that you won't be able (or is very difficult) to reuse the warehouse number again. And your system will carry those rubbish data forever.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please tell me if there is any way not to touch the IM stock & only at WM level, can we make the stock 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's no way to clear WM stock without touching IM stock.

Transfer stock from WM-managed storage location to non-WM-managed storage location is quite a easy data migration job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

If you do not want that stock means you can perform a physical inventory for that Bin and make that stock to 0. But an accounting entry is created as this is a loss for the company and again that stock is reduced from IM also.

So technically, you cannot make the stock 0 in WM and a qty in IM, any changes in WM is reflected in IM and vice versa to my knowledge. The easiest way is to move it to another storage location which is not WM Managed.

Also can please let me know why you want to make the stock 0 in WM and still maintain it in IM.

Thanks

Vineeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

You can transfer stock from  WM sloc stock to another storage location.  Then u can remove WH assignment for plant.  After this u can move stock back to same plant/sloc if required, so there is no stock inconsistencies.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, storage location transfer is better - much easier to execute!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

You can do physical inventory if client accept to make stocks to ZERO or transfer all bin stocks to non warehouse storage location. Then you can remove warehouse. If you want all the raw materials into old storage location which was removed warehouse transfer to this storage location.