Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter-id field in RG 23 Part II register is not showing in XL format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

As we all know SAP not supporting to use script format for RG23 Part I and Part II register, because the SEcess field is not displaying. So i am sugessting to my client to download through XL format which is available in SAP

When i am downloading RG 23 Part II register from SAP in excel format, i am not able to see the chapter-id details fields. Please guide me what could be the reason for this? But in script there is a filed named as CET subheading field where i am able to see my chapter-id for vendor returns material but not able to see for all vendor incoming material.

For your reference i have attached two XL format raw-2 is what currently i am getting from SAP and required register is what my client needs.

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Regards

PR

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The std J2I6 extract will NOT have the chapter ID for part2 extraction in excel format.

You will get ONLY the part2 serial number and the EI number.

Regards,

Rajasree R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quantity related fields will be in part 1 and not in part 2

0 Kudos

But also in part I, i am not getting chapter-id number. Here just i want to know is the standard SAP XL macro format is legally accepted in india or not? I am trying to convince my client regarding this, but they are not ready to accept this macro format.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes this is the std format delivered by SAP.

You can find the latest macros attached in the below SAP notes,

1045888 - macros for reg - OTHER

1283823 - macros for reg, RG1

Regards,

Rajasree R

0 Kudos

Hi Rajasree,

I am applying the latest macro as you mentioned, but i don't find any field related to Chapter-id.

I want to know whether Chapter-id is mandatory requirement for RG23A and C register for rlegal prospective.

Regards

PR

0 Kudos

Hi,

You will NEVER get the chapter id because the std SAP delivered format does NOT

have chapter id. All the registers have been designed based on legal requirement itslef.

So since the std format does not have it, hope that it explains that the same is not

mandatory.

Regards,

Rajasree R

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think excise department doesnt recognize SAP material numbers as number range varies from sap installation for customer to customer. However chapter id will always remain same for a grp of materials and are recognized by excise authorities. I will prefer to have chapter ID in excise registers along with material number. I am not in  a position to comment on legal aspect of chapter ID, better you check with your customer excise department, they must be aware of legality and what details they are sending to excise authorities.

0 Kudos

Dear Nilesh,

Then is there any solution to get chapter-id in partI register?

0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to enhance the std sap delieverd format as per your business needs and create a Z report that will suit your purpose.

Regards,

Rajasree R

0 Kudos

Seat with ABAPer, its small modification.

0 Kudos

Closing this Thread....