cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive because of subsequent price

0 Kudos

Hello,

Firstly, I am a FICO consultant but have got an issue related to SD.  Has anyone configured an SD item condition that's marked as "Inactive because of subsequent price" and have it flow through COPA?  Would this be possible?  Currently, in our system, its posting FI entries but not in COPA and I would have liked to see this in KE30 reports so that gross margins can be analysed.   I have seen SAP note 442915 but it seems to talk about COPA planned valuation instead of the actual postings.

Would appreciate your comments/advise.

Thanks and regards,

Tess

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my knowledge this is not possible. When a condition is inactive because ob subsequent price then inactive condition cannot be posted to COPA. You issue is that one condition is being posted to FI but not in COPA then it looks like that some assignment is missing of SD condition type in COPA.

Thank$

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

piyush_gajera
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tess,

In SAP SD condition functionality there can be only one active basic price. e.g. you have two condition type as X and Y with condition class as B(Prices) and suppose you have entered 100 for condition type X. After that suppose you are entering 200 in condition Y, then condition X  is marked as

"Inactive because of subsequent price".

Pl check in this way.

Regards,

PG

0 Kudos

Hello Piyush,

Marking condition X as "inactive", is this something that SAP automatically does or is there a way out it, or a function module or exit I can use?

Thanks and regards,

Tess

piyush_gajera
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tess,

Condition will be marked as inactive in below mention case. This is standard functionality.

1) Condition class of both(X and Y) condition is  B(Prices).

2) For X condition value is there.

3) For Y condition value is entered then system will mark X condition as  "Inactive because of subsequent price".

Hope this will clear your doubt.

Regards,

Piyush Gajera

0 Kudos

Many thanks for all your replies

@Jignesh, both the sales and COGS were classified as "Prices".  Sales is computed based on COGs plus %markup.  While COGs is being picked up from a customized table and not via the material master.   So in the condition access, the sequence is: customised COGs gets populated first, then the markup, then lastly, the calculated selling price.  The selling price being the last price, is the one active in the condition.    Would appreciate it if you could lead me to another way of doing this.  Although I am hesitant to change this because this has been in production for more than 3 years now.

@MoazzaM, SD conditions are already mapped in COPA but its still not transferred.  In my testing, after deleting the customised condition types and just use VPRS condition type, postings are now flowing into COPA.  So that's how I checked that the COPA mapping to SD condition type is working correctly.   Although COPA is active, it uses acct assignments via OKB9 and follow std SAP design of  SC010 user exit in substitution. 

@Narendra, from searching SAP forums and notes, I learned that it would not be possible to have to 2 conditions of same type.  So I cannot have 2  SD conditions with both of them classified as "Prices".  The other one should be "Discounts/surcharges" instead.  If same conditions are used, SAP automatically deactivates the first condition.

Again, thank you for your comments and looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,

Tess

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I like you way of explanation .

Let me know ,which condition ,did you maintained in KE4I Transaction .Based on this transaction ,you can transfer that condition types values into COPA .If you have already maintained then let me know ,have you ticked Box " Transfer " in KE4I ?

Let me know,Are you using Account based COPA or Costing based COPA ?

Have you activated COPA in KEKE transaction for correct CR area ?

Have activated COPA for Sales Order in OKKP ?

Let me know above inputs and also any another settings have you maintained or not .

Note : I am not  so good in COPA but I can.

Thanks,

Naren

0 Kudos

Hello Naren,

Its Ok, I'm not that good in SD also.  We all learn from each other.

The customised condition type is YCST and yes its already maintained to map to value field VVMV (cost of goods sold).  I don't think I should tick the box "Transfer' because its just related to the "+/-" indicator.  If its flowing through, at this point it would not matter if its positive or negative as long as I can see that its posting to COPA.

Although acct based COPA is active, we are using OKB9 acct assignments and its posting with cost centers.

Yes, COPA is active in tcode KEKE.

Yes, COPA is active in sales orders via tcode OKKP.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tess,

The very reason that a Condition is inactive due to subsequent Price, means that the inactive is not to be considered for calcualtion / Accounts posting, etc.

Also, the Condition is active because there is a another Condition which contains a appropriate price & which is supposed to be posted in Accounts & considered in CO-PA reports.

Is there any particular reason for not considering the Active Condition?

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Has anyone configured an SD item condition that's marked as "Inactive because of subsequent price" and have it flow through COPA? 

Little bit not getting you because of we dont have opting to do as any condition type to Inactivate in SAP .What do you mean by subsequent price ?

Thanks,

Naren