cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material/Part Substitution for Stockable Items on the Delivery?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If I have a sellable material on a sales order and create a delivery based on what is contained as that sellable model. How can I go about performing a Material Substitution on the Delivery for those stockable materials that make up the sellable material referenced from my sales order.

-There are no stockable materials on the sales order

-The Delivery will be created referencing the sellable items on the sales order

-There will need to be visibility and part substitution procedures carried out on the delivery for those stocakable components, created from the sellable material.

Please Help

Regards,

SAP Hopeful

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes.. in addition to SAP Explorer's reply - you will have visibility like the original and substituted material nos. and the reason for substitution in the Sales order.

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material Determination / Substitution is only possible at the Sales Order level.

Keeping that aside, why is this requirement. What is the real intent ? I can understand material substitution being done in the Sales Order for reasons like:

1. Offering Better Product Bundle;
  2. Old Material is being phased out;
  3. Etc.

What are the reasons for this to try to do it at delivery stage ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Reply,

The client is in High Technology and due to the industry a part sub for electronic hardware is usually performend on a majority of orders for Non Configured Parts (NCP - fulfiled from stock, not from configuration / prodcution order).

This is based on a validated and maintaned Part Sub Table.

The Reason for the Part Sub is usually Availibility related to a large number of drives with identical capacity and speed.

The reason for the Delivery being the obejct for substitution is based on CRM and Variant Configuration creating our Sales Order. The Idea is to place limited restrictions on VA02, as we don't want to continually change Sales Orders when they are heavily created via a source of CRM or VC.

Let me know this helps with the analysis?