cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable insert the tables in universe designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I try to insert the tables in universe designer ( existing universe) ,  I am able to view the tables in database.

Business objects xi r3.1 sp5 and fixpack 5.3

Tomcat 5.5

Sqlserver 2008

oracle 10g

Could some one share information.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you done a View -> Refresh Structure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Yes I have done Refresh Srtucture but no use and even  grant permission to the  tables  in DB level.

Please some one help why I am unable to insert the  tables in desinger level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajesh,

Are you trying to Insert tables following below steps.

Click on Insert tables option from menu

select the tables you want to insert

click on Insert button

Do you have the issue of tables seen on DB and not being listed in the table browser, if so check you grant rights on table to see if the rights are granted for the tables to the user ID used in the universe connection.

Let us know more details if it some other issue?

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

@Malik  : I don 't have any issue at DB side , I am able to see the schema and  tables and  I have full access at database side.

1) All the users  facing same issue  including administrator

2) We are able to see the tables for DB2  and other database....but not for oracle Database

3) For every one facing  issue with only for oracle database..

@henry : No errors, When I expand the table  "+"  (symbol) ,its just showing header ..

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How are you accessing your oracle Tables? Is it direct or through Synonyms?

Again Sharing the Screen will help us tofigureout the issue effectively.

Former Member
0 Kudos

should be direct though ,I can select Oracle SQL Dev fine. I just cannot add any tables from any database with BO Designer with that ID.

Please find attached screen shot

Message was edited by: Rajeshgowd mallisetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

should be direct though ,I can select Oracle SQL Dev fine. I just cannot add any tables from any database with BO Designer with that ID.

Please find attached screen shot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Check if you are able to see under the same DB Schema, when you login to DB client tool like toad/SQL developer etc with the user ID used in universe connection.

Try and create a new connection, with the same DB details as this universe and test it through Table browser from new universe, to see if the behavior is consistent.

Thanks

Malllik

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Malli: I am able to see with My id in databast side not in desinger

I have created new connection with same DB Credencitals Universe connection is parsing but . I just cannot add any tables from any database with BO Designer with that ID ( not able to insert the table)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@mani: Please find attached screen shot . Here we unable to insert table  not one universe all the unvierse related  oracle database.

I hope I get answer soon.:)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This could help you.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3207128

0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Please make sure grant permissions has given to the tables in the DB level to the particular group / user .

Thanks,

Balaji .K

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please share a screenshot, your description does not make a clear statement of the problem..

have you tried tracing the client tool component to see what appears in the error log?

regards,

H