cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWPM installation error on Windows with non english domain controller

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to help if anybody get stuck with sapinst on this error. Not a tough one... if you have access to the domain controller

I get the following error :

Modifying the USER MY_DOMAIN\SIDadm failed.

SOLUTION: Modify the account manually and choose OK to continue.

If you choose Cancel, the installation will be aborted.

The detailed error message is as follows:

modlib.jslib.caughtException:

Caught ESyException in module call: At line 92 file d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\syslib\synxcgroup.cpp

Call stack:

d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\ejs\iaxxejsctl.cpp: 133: EJS_ControllerImpl::executeScript()

d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\ejs\iaxxejsbas.hpp: 475: EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()

d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\ejs\iaxxejsexp.cpp: 144: EJS_Installer::invokeModuleCall()

d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\osmod\iaxxbaccount.cpp: 66: CIaOsAccount::createUser_impl()

d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\syslib\synxcaccmg.cpp: 173: PSyUserInt CSyAccountMgtImpl::createUser(PSyUserDataInt, ISyProgressObserver*) const

d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\syslib\syxxccache.cpp: 265: CSyAccountCache::getUserImpl(name="MY_DOMAIN\SIDadm", sid="", create=true)

d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\syslib\syxxccache.cpp: 273: CSyAccountCache::getUserImpl(name="MY_DOMAIN\SIDadm", sid="", create=true, ISyProgressObserver* )

d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\syslib\synxcuser.cpp: 111: CSyUserImpl::CSyUserImpl(PSyUserDataInt, bool)

d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\syslib\synxcuser.cpp: 1630: CSyUserImpl::addToOS(PSyUserDataInt data, ISyProgressObserver* )

d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\syslib\synxcaccmg.cpp: 148: PSyGroupInt CSyAccountMgtImpl::getGroup(iastring sNameOrSID) const

d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\syslib\syxxccache.cpp: 244: CSyAccountCache::getGroupImpl(name="MY_DOMAIN\Domain Users", sid="", create=false, ISyAccountMgt::eAccountType, ISyProgressObserver* )

d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\syslib\synxcgroup.cpp: 60: CSyGroupImpl::CSyGroupImpl(MY_DOMAIN\Domain Users, , bool bCreate)

Account group="MY_DOMAIN\Domain Users" does not exist.

The problem was that our AD is setup to use french language so the "Domain user" group is called "Utilisa. du domain"

I did just create a group called "Domain user" and include the SIDadm account in it.

I get that error with SWPM 1 SP 2 PL 4 and SP 3 PL 1

I did not get that error with SWPM 1 SP 1 PL 4

Hope this could help...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Olivier,

This is because only English is tested, as mentioned in note 1580509:

Supported Languages:

SAP only tests the English versions of Windows Server products.

Therefore, make sure that you have installed the English language packs so that your support requests can be handled quickly.

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Edouardo,

Thank you for your answer.

I know & understand that requirement for the server you are installing  SAP on.

But for the Active directory it was not a problem before, I already installed many SAP systems with a french AD.

Changing the language of the domain controller is not that simple, It is possible to get through just by creating the dummy "domain user" group.

Regards