SAP TechEd Discussions
Join the conversation around SAP TechEd! Discuss details of technical sessions and workshops and anything else conference related.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotel for TechEd Vegas 2013

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For TechEd 2013 in Vegas there are two hotel options - Venetian and Palazzo. I've been to Venetian once (but didn't stay there) and am not very familiar with the layout other than it is huge. If you've stayed there before, could you recommend one vs. another? I'm more interested to be closer to the event than in the amenities.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi - The Venetian is a bit closer but since everything is connected you won't feel a real difference because you won't need to leave either properties to get into the SAP TechEd venue (convention center).

I liked the Palazzo but haven't stayed on the other side to compare.  Here's a Google map of the location:

5 REPLIES 5

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi - The Venetian is a bit closer but since everything is connected you won't feel a real difference because you won't need to leave either properties to get into the SAP TechEd venue (convention center).

I liked the Palazzo but haven't stayed on the other side to compare.  Here's a Google map of the location:

0 Kudos

I like the Palazzo as I understand the rooms are better/newer - but everything is close by.  The Palazzo rooms are large.

I like the Coffee Bean too on the first floor of the Palazzo.

Last year too I got a shuttle that took me straight to the Palazzo for only $6 (Door 11 at the airport - not sure if that is still valid)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The restaurants are a whole other story...pizza, pasta, Chinese, steak, sushi: it's got it all!

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jason, Tammy - great tips, thank you! Palazzo wins.

Sorry I could only choose one "correct" answer to mark this as answered.

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Palazzo is my favorite and Tammy is absolutely right on recommending it.  As a special "tip" for SAP Mentors, if your company allows you do shuttle then I strongly recommend this option as the best option:

http://bell-trans.com/las-vegas-limousine-service-provider-bell-trans-airport-shuttle-reservations/

It's a VIP shuttle service and it's reserved pickup times which is quite helpful on the way back to the airport.  Normally it costs around $30 round-trip.  You share the "shuttle" with at most one or two people and you normally end up going from the hotel straight to the airport.  Did I also mention that the shuttle vehicles are "nice".  I have used this the last two trips I have been to Las Vegas.  It's one of the best kept values around given your shuttle service "vehicle".  You will definitely feel like a VIP after using it .

Another great tip is that if you Soda/Water in Las Vegas there is a Walgreens on the bottom of the Palazzo outside via the sidewalk that sells almost every type of sundry item way much cheaper than inside the Palazzo.  In addition if you go over to the Fashion Mall across the strip, there is a ABC stores that also has cheap gifts plus cheap water/soda/etc.  Definitely worth the walk for exercise and not overpaying for stuff.

Take care,

Stephen

Take care,

Stephen