Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming a web service using a username token

jan_dahl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've to change an existing ws proxy to send a username token to meet our increased security needs.

Therefore

- I changed the the proxy configuration in the IDE from none to basic

- I configured a username and password and switched on  "User ID / Password" Authentication in logical port's consumer security - authentication settings

But nothing changed in my SOAP header. No security tags appear.

I tried to follow the instructions here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/f7/993240713be801e10000000a155106/content.htm?frame...

but failed because I've never seen any "Visual Administrator". I'm a developer, our Administrators are on holydays. Please help, it's urgent.

Thanks for any help,

Jan

We are running NW 7.0 EHP1

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

please check the documentation for the visual admin tool at help.sap.com.

●  On UNIX platforms, enter on the command line /usr/sap/<SAPSID>/<Instance_Name>/j2ee/admin/go.sh

●  On Windows platforms, run <Drive>:\usr\sap\<SAPSID>\<Instance_Name>\j2ee\admin\go.bat

However you need os level access to the systems.

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos

Hey Patrick,

my linux path is ending after /usr/sap/<SAPSID>/<Instance_Name>/. There is no j2ee folder at our system. Might it be, we are missing Java at all?

How can I check this? And how can I make sure that it is absolutely needed for the username token? I guess our Basis team will kick me out if I ask them to install AS Java for this feature.

Cheers Jan

0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

maybe you are simply following the wrong documentation, if you are on ABAP, the steps would be different. Please see the docs for Message based authenticaiton in ABAP on this.

There is also a configuration example available.

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos

Thanks Patrick,

the documentation on EHP 2 is much better than on 1! Hopefully I'm on the right way now. I found out I've to make the system trust each other first. Therfore I've to install the public cert of the remote server. I'll report when I completed this task.

Jan

0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

you only have to add the publix of the provider (server) to the list of trusted certs unless both systems will call each other. If you want to do X.509 based auth (independant whether it is transport or message based) you have to add the CA cert of the CA creating the user keys to the list of trusted CAs to do authentication (independant whether it is via cert mapping or rule based.

Regards,

Patrick