Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Tax Condition type calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there ,

i have small question , we are configuring the pricing for beer company

we have two kind of tax here , 1) State tax 2) federal Tax , now those tax % is varied by Product to product  depends on their alcohol contains maintain in material master and the  customer category maintain in customer Group in customer master  ,   ,

the  criteria to define if its beer or wine would be varied by its alcohol contains which we maintain in material master , so there are many categories of product in beer and many in wine which will varied in alcohol contain , and depends on alcohol we have different taxes... , please advise ..

Thanks

~ sonam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i did reply to this before but somehow not finding so retyping the story !

Thanks for your support , hopefully will solve this with your input , i have a quick question here

i have an another scenario , where i do have a Existing Access Sequence , which has some combination at 1

i.e

Sq      Table    Discription

1         608      Customer /Material

now i want to add one more access before then this ,, is there any way ? as far as i know thew is noway we can add something on top of access one ,

2) can we modify the existing access. ? i. e as per above figure if i need to add one more filed (sales org) in the combination

Sq      Table    Discription

1         608      Sales org /Customer /Material

and does that will disturbed my existing condition master data ? do i need to re maintain master data ? or i can just maintain this field in the existing master data

Rgds

Sonam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonam,

You can not modify the existing access sequence that is you can not add the sales org in to the existing table, other than this,  you can create one more table with the key combination of your requirement and check the exclusive indicator for your key combination, so that system will consider the first one.

Regards

Ratnamsri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ratnamsri, i think that annswer my question and i have proceed in that direction , one more question i have ,,

--> i have one field in Material Master ( Ext.Mat.Group)   , i want to have that in Field catalog so i can choose as one of the field while creating COnditon table ,

1) how can i add a field in field catalog , as this is not in sales order , which structure it will need to be append KOMP ? , KOMK  ? KOMG ?

2) what i need to ask the developer per technical specification

same Guidance would be expecting  for Account determination Field Catalog ..( adding field to the field catalog)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create one more table by copying with the existing table and add the desired field in to the combination from the field catalog.

Revert if any issues,

Regards

Ratnamsri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you all for the wonderful support... i think i am on the right track... and hopefully solve this .. , but i have come across another challenge ,just want to have second thought ..or if there is solution you can guide

Seq   Table     Description

A        XYZ      Mat grp/custmer

1       609         customer/sales order

B       PQR         ABC

2       618

3       620

i want to 2 three access , first one on above sequence 1 ,  marked as A ..XYZ ,,,  second would be aboive seq 2 ... i.e seq  B ..PQR ,,

ZPRO is in their existing system ... and this are the new access  i want to add in existing Access Seq.

but i think i cannot !! please correct me if i am wrong ,,,so what is a second option

1) if i create a new Access seq as ZPR1 and add those access which i want to incorporate and assign to the condition type who were using ZPRO access seq,,,

Question : but in that case i will lose the existing condition record which is maintain for this condition type !

is there any solution where i can save from disturbing existing condition record !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonam,

These two tax are applicable in within state or out side state. If your tax is available in within state so that case you have create new access sequence with Material Group/Customer Group/Plant Region/Cust. Region/ Cus. Tax Cla. / Mat. Tax Classi. That based you have maintain condition record system will pick correct tax rate as per your requirement.

Thanks

Arun

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You are talking about excise duties, please, see this link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/07/4c593c95403d56e10000000a11405a/content.htm

See also this best practice http://help.sap.com/bestpractices/BBLibrary/html/G65_ExciseDuty_EN_DE.htm

I remember the customizing are made by foreign trade / customs

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lakshmipathi's response is in line with what you can potentially think of.

My questions to you are:

1. What is the basis of this requirement ?
  2. Which country are the Company and Plant located in ?
  3. Are there no normal tax procedures which are already defined for this in SAP ?
  4. What are the Tax Practices being followed currently in that country how are they doing it currently in their legacy system ?

Bottom line is that it cannot be the case that this is the only company which has this unique requirement in that Industry Sector or Country ?   

I can think of some more points here but at this stage this can set the ball rolling on this requirement.

If you are interested we can take this conversation further.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all of you , thanks for the quick response ,

This are US based Cleint and are in bevrage industries who produced different categories of alcohol and no alcohol products , so tax would be calculated on the basis of few different levals

1) their Alcohol leval contain in bevrages

2) packaging cost

3) location of ship to party

they allready have Tax conditions maintain in to pricidn procedure , but they are introducing new product , and for that they want to determine the Tax value for those allready maintain tax conditions , so what i was thinking is we need to make probably one extra access which will includes all this field and append to the existing access to the condition type ,,, would that work ?  

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

If it is USA, Is your client not using any standard 3rd Party Tax Applications already available for this ? Normally that is what it is in USA. 

Thanks.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try by including Material Group to the condition record of your tax condition type.  Having said this, you should categorise this field correctly

G. Lakshmipathi