Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ComponentConfiguration, FPM Event ID not editable

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI all gurus,

a tricky question here, to test your skills 😛

Shortly; We created a Custom Component Configuration by copying an existing standard one (/SAPSRM/WDCC_FPM_OIF_RFQ_PR_PU).

The problem: after a lot of work on it, we realized that the Standard Configuration we took as source for the copy was "broken"... In this sense; there was an FPM Button which has been hidden and - here's the point - the FPM Event ID was a wrong one (specifically, FPM_PRINT_PREVIEW instead of PRINT_PREVIEW).

So... now we have a Custom, used Component Configuration in which the standard button "Print Preview" does not work.

We should simply fix that "FPM Event ID" parameter in order to adjust our configuration, but we cannot, as you can see, because the InputField is in READ-ONLY state:

So....

....there apparently no way of fixing it. The only solution possible should be:

- recover the original Component Configuration to the standard version;

- re-copy it;

- move to the new Configuration all the custom modifications done in our "broken" Zconfiguration.

You certainly understand that this is quite a time-wasting activity as all we need is to bind the button to the standard PRINT_PREVIEW event.

Is there any approach or workaround you can suggest us to achieve our task?

So far, I tried to open that field in debug 😛 and yes, I got it, but once the SAVE button is pressed, then the inputField is set again in read-only state and with event "FPM_PRINT_PREVIEW".

Maybe there's a "backdoor" way to fix it ... I tried exploring the WDY_CONFIG_DATA but here configs are stored in RAWSTRING format so it's probably impossible to fix & replace the entry for my custom configuration.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not on the same version as you are but try WDR_TEST_CONFIG_TOOL.

You should be able to copy and then change your configuration.

Best regards,

Guillaume

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guillaume,

thanks for your help. It's almost what I'm looking for, except for one thing: I don't want to create a new configuration, I'd simply prefer to fix the one I'm working on.

Also because If I generate a new configuration, then I'll have to set it as default configuration in Roles and this is really a time-intensive task....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Matteo,

the "standard" Print Preview button as offered by FPM is hard-coded to Event ID FPM_PRINT_PREVIEW. That's the reason why you can't edit this event ID. If you want to use another Event ID this means you don't want to use the standard Print preview button.

Now it's possible that SRM uses for Print Preview an own event which implies that they don't use the standard button.

In that case you can solve this issue by removing the standard "Print Preview" button and

creating a new 'Other function' button with text 'Print Preview' and Event ID PRINT_PREVIEW instead.

Best regards,

Christian