Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring object is fetching previous day data

nidhinawal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We have come across a problem with Business Process Analytics, where the monitoring object shows the data of previous day, in spite of the day selected for fetching data. For instance, if I select 15.07.2013 for fetching throughput of invoices, what we actually get is, throughput of 14.07.2013.

I verified this with table from ECC.

Please help me with this.

Regards,

Nidhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

nidhinawal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

Please observe the mentioned screenshot.

This will clarify my exact problem.

So, the data which is appearing in analytics for "Selected Timeframe" as 23.07.2013, matches with table VBRK data of "Created on" as 22.07.2013.

Warm regards,

Nidhi

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi

I activate same monitor in my local system and saw different behavior.

Analytics 7/26 shows 3 result.

VBRAK   7/27 shows 3 result.

The sympton looks otherway around.

Unfortunately I do not have good answer. So if need RCA, I recommend you to create OSS message.

Best Regards

Keiji

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi

As Jansi mentioned, it might be correct behavior if you set collect previous day flag to your analytics monitor.

How the trend graph show is bit different between throughput and backlog key figure.

For backlog key figure, normally trend graph's date indicate data collection date.

But for thourgh put key figure, trend graph's date indicate order creation date.

I assume to capture all data, your through put key figure has collect previous day flag.

In that case, data collection on 7/15 collect transaction data created on 7/14.

So even you execute data collection on 7/15, you just have previous day's result.

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

nidhinawal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi, Keiji,

Thanks for your reply.

And, Sorry for my late response.

Actually I was trying to check every permutation combination with "Data from Previous Day" field.

We are using a throughput key figure only.

The setting you both are talking about, "Data from Previous Day" field, has the mentioned function, and as I understand, it has no relation with the issue I am facing.

This field just makes sure that data has been fetched in the system, for whole previous day, and not missed any entry due to different generation and activation time, during the day.

Please check the link mentioned:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/5c/e527447b0a476cb763292857ebe90a/content.htm

1. If you analyze throughput data, select Active in the Data from previous day field.Note NOTETo provide relevant throughput data, you must collect the data from the previous day to make sure that the data covers the complete business day.

Please help with any other possible settings.

Regards,

Nidhi

nidhinawal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for your reply, and I am sorry for my late response.

Can you please help me with specific way to check the data in infocube, for a particular monitor.

Regards,

Nidhi

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi

I bit worry whether I understand your issue correctly.

Do you meanm, Analytics data collection failed ?
Or data is collected but analytics shows previous
date only ?

If the issue is displaied date, I think my previous
answer is still valida.

As I mentioned, for through put key figure,
trend graph is show document creation date. Not data
collection date.

if you have some issue for data collection, it is
differet.

You can check analytics data via analytics cube.
Just choose 0SM_BPMRH cube via t-cs listcub and
specify monitor id. Then you can see the collected
content.

Best Regards
Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it might be showing correctly

have you chcked SAP Community Network Wiki - Solution Manager - FAQ Business Process Analytics

Thanks

Jansi

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi

Have you checked the Background jobs/BW process chains are running and it has not failed

Kindly goto RSA1 and check the infocube 0SM_BPMRH that it's job chain is properly running and has collected data

may data collection has failed or still running so you can't get the data.

hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar